GO!

The wait..

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  
Nare

Woo-woo- whineybutt

Barked: Fri Jul 26, '13 6:17pm PST 
I just put a deposit down on a pup.

The Dam & Sire were bred 2 weeks ago, meaning pups should be born in September, ready to be flown from Colorado to Washington in November.

Arkane's absence has been taking its toll on me, but I must say I am very excited about this pup.. I feel like I've done everything right. Asked all of the right questions and have been learning a lot about the dam, sire and the breeder's project and kennel as a whole.. Have been in contact with other owners who have pups from them and feel fully prepared.

How do I handle the wait ? I'm guessing time will fly by.. But, man, I just want to go out on a shopping spree at Petsmart for toys and beds. red face
[notify]
Ava & Nix

Suburban Farm- Dogs

Barked: Fri Jul 26, '13 7:42pm PST 
Congrats on your future puppy!! happy dance I can only imagine how hard the wait must be. I remember (not so) patiently waiting for Nix, but that was after he had already been born, so at least I had weekly pictures to look at after putting the deposit down on him.

Can we ask what kind of pupper you're getting? smile Congrats again! So happy for you
[notify]
Nare

Woo-woo- whineybutt

Barked: Fri Jul 26, '13 8:33pm PST 
Thank you hug
I imagine it will get worse with weekly pictures / videos lol!

My new pup will be a Kai Ken from Yamabushi. Gender tbd. I was pretty set on a male when I contacted them, but they eased me into the thought of what fits me, and are pretty confident this litter will have what I'm looking for.
[notify]

Arya

Serious Face

Barked: Fri Jul 26, '13 9:08pm PST 
Ahhh!!! Kai Ken are beautiful dogs!!! big grin Very excited for you, and I know what you mean, the waiting is terrible. November is so far away too... o_o

Honestly I just... obsessively look at dog pictures, look up things I want to purchase, plan plan plan prepare prepare...
Come up with a list of potential puppy names... *_*
For Arya I did a TON of research on Shiba behavior to make sure I was ready. Spent a lot of time lurking on Shiba forums.

I have no idea how you wait in a casual manner lol. Try to keep your mind preoccupied with non-puppy things...?? Maybe there's a trick to it. XD

Edit: Looked up your breeder! They have a really great website. I love that you can see all the pups from past litters. smile

Edited by author Fri Jul 26, '13 9:14pm PST

[notify]
Zim

OBEY ME

Barked: Fri Jul 26, '13 9:32pm PST 
Yamabushi is a fantastic breeder. Not a Kai Ken fan myself (many of them are not confident enough/too flighty for me), but if you're looking for an active dog that will be a good companion for your other one then it's a great breed.
[notify]
Shiver Me- Timbers- "Charlie"

My Little Dog, a- heartbeat at my- feet.<3

Barked: Fri Jul 26, '13 11:32pm PST 
Congrats! Can't wait to see photos and whatnot!

I checked out the website and number one thing I love? 'Why -dog name-?" as to why they have them in their breeding program. AWESOME!
[notify]
Kali earned- her wings- 10/21/14

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Sat Jul 27, '13 6:29am PST 
LOLOL.......Welcome to our world. We felt the same way when we had to wait for Kali & Koby. But your right, the time will fly and you will be loving and training him/her in no time. Please keep us posted.
[notify]
Scruffy- (RIP)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Sat Jul 27, '13 10:39am PST 
Congrats on your newest addition! Can't wait to see photos! I'm sure the time will just fly by!
[notify]
Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Barked: Sat Jul 27, '13 5:10pm PST 
Congrats! way to go

You think you've got a long wait? I've got to wait until next spring yet for a potential puppy from my chosen bitch! Missed out on the last litter as it was small and other people had first choice before me. But, actually I'm probably grateful for the wait now.
[notify]
Reese

Momma's Leash on- Life

Barked: Sat Jul 27, '13 5:33pm PST 
Congrats on the new pup. Maybe you can check out puppy classes and play groups in your area? This will give you access to dogs if you don't currently and allow you to see what's available in your area when you have your pup.

I do know what you mean about the wait. I'm getting a working dog, so I had to choose the best breed for the job from a good breeder. I've spent a whole year looking for my puppy. I'll be getting him by September 1st, pending character testing. On the plus side, I know what gender. I'll take the pup with the best character for the job, but the mother only had 7 males and no females. So, male.

I have a name for my pup, Reese, but 99% of the time, I wait to name an animal until I have it, let the name come to me based on characteristics- looks, temperament, and that's what I suggest to others. Only reason my pup has a name is because I'm planning on naming him based on what he means to me. That's my humble opinion.

Edited by author Sat Jul 27, '13 5:35pm PST

[notify]
  (Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4