GO!

Do you think I'm a Border Collie/Beagle cross?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Ruffie

Barked: Sun Mar 3, '13 8:26pm PST 
I'm beginning to think that my pup is a BC/Beagle. She really follows her nose everywhere and seems to love digging (or is that all dogs?). What kind of energy can I expect from a mix like this?

If she is a herding/hound mix, can I teach her to sniff out the kids and then herd them home? laugh out loud
[notify]
Ava & Nix

Suburban Farm- Dogs

Barked: Sun Mar 3, '13 9:10pm PST 
It's hard to tell at this age. For one, tricolor is a common pattern in both hounds and BCs, so her looks aren't going to help much in making that judgement... not until she gets older at least. smile

Also a lot of puppies regardless of breed are busy learning about everything around them, and following their noses relentlessly. Both of mine each went through a stage when they were puppies where they just walk along with their nose plastered to the ground. Nix (purebred BC) LOVES digging! Especially in super soft sand. laugh out loud
[notify]
Ruffie

Barked: Mon Mar 4, '13 9:28am PST 
That makes sense. I've never owned a dog before so I'm over-excited. Just like the puppy smile. I will enjoy her and not worry about the breed.
[notify]

Shiver Me- Timbers- "Charlie"

My Little Dog, a- heartbeat at my- feet.<3

Barked: Tue Mar 5, '13 12:46pm PST 
It is still very very early to tell and it may turn out otherwise, but I don't see Beagle at all. I have to agree with what Nix has said though - puppies DO love to sniff around and explore quite a bit. smile
[notify]
Hoss

Hoss the Boss

Barked: Wed Mar 6, '13 6:29am PST 
I also don't see any Beagle but maybe when she gets older. Looks like a lot of BC. Cute though.
[notify]