Do you think I'm a Border Collie/Beagle cross?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Barked: Sun Mar 3, '13 8:26pm PST 
I'm beginning to think that my pup is a BC/Beagle. She really follows her nose everywhere and seems to love digging (or is that all dogs?). What kind of energy can I expect from a mix like this?

If she is a herding/hound mix, can I teach her to sniff out the kids and then herd them home? laugh out loud
Ava & Nix

Suburban Farm- Dogs
Barked: Sun Mar 3, '13 9:10pm PST 
It's hard to tell at this age. For one, tricolor is a common pattern in both hounds and BCs, so her looks aren't going to help much in making that judgement... not until she gets older at least. smile

Also a lot of puppies regardless of breed are busy learning about everything around them, and following their noses relentlessly. Both of mine each went through a stage when they were puppies where they just walk along with their nose plastered to the ground. Nix (purebred BC) LOVES digging! Especially in super soft sand. laugh out loud

Barked: Mon Mar 4, '13 9:28am PST 
That makes sense. I've never owned a dog before so I'm over-excited. Just like the puppy smile. I will enjoy her and not worry about the breed.

Shiver Me- Timbers- "Charlie"

My Little Dog, a- heartbeat at my- feet.<3
Barked: Tue Mar 5, '13 12:46pm PST 
It is still very very early to tell and it may turn out otherwise, but I don't see Beagle at all. I have to agree with what Nix has said though - puppies DO love to sniff around and explore quite a bit. smile

Hoss the Boss
Barked: Wed Mar 6, '13 6:29am PST 
I also don't see any Beagle but maybe when she gets older. Looks like a lot of BC. Cute though.