GO!

Young Rescue Puppy - advise please!

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Wed Nov 21, '12 8:31am PST 
For a few days I've been watching a story on one of my facebook rescue groups about a dog that wondered into someone's yard acting confused then laid down and started giving birth. Someone called CAP (Canine Action Project) who rushed out to find Mom with dead pups, a couple live ones and still in labour. They took her to the vet, the rest of the pups they had found outside died and the one born at the vet's is the only one left.

CAP is a group that works in Northern communities helping them to get control of their "community dogs" aka packs of dogs. These are where culls take place and dogs are shot. They run spay/neuter clinics, place dogs with rescues and provide things like food & education.

Believe me I held back for days because I have never even raised a puppy from 8 weeks of age but no one has stepped up to take these two in and they're getting close to the end of their ISO period at the vet's. CAP dogs that don't get placed with other rescues are returned to being "community dogs" aka running stray. I couldn't let that happen. I started e-mailing my rescue last night and got confirmation this morning that we'll be taking them now that I've offered to foster.

So I need general young puppy advise (it will be about a week and half when it gets here), singleton puppy advise, how to set up an area for them etc etc. Dumb it right down for me people.
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Wed Nov 21, '12 11:50am PST 
Well nevermind. Just got word the last puppy passed away last night. rainbow
[notify]
Koby

I'm a big brat- and I don't care- :)

Barked: Wed Nov 21, '12 11:52am PST 
That was good you were willing to them in. Too bad they all died. rainbow
[notify]

Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Wed Nov 21, '12 1:47pm PST 
I am sorry to hear that Jewelhugrainbow
[notify]
Maci & Harley & Jigar

Golden butts

Barked: Wed Nov 21, '12 2:10pm PST 
That is too sad. Rest in peace little one.
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Wed Nov 21, '12 5:01pm PST 
hugrainbowhugrainbowhugrainbowhugrainbowhug
[notify]