GO!

when do Puppys stop growing?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
swany

i love PNLL- little league!!

Barked: Thu May 8, '08 10:01am PST 
When will my pup stop growing?? He's 4 months and the perfect size but I know he will still grow.Is there an age where they stop growing?
Thanks
[notify]
ღAva

It wasn't me who- stole your- socks!

Barked: Thu May 8, '08 11:14am PST 
Puppies grow at different rates depending on breed, but most puppies are done growing at the age of one!
[notify]
Sushi

May be a fox

Barked: Thu May 8, '08 2:31pm PST 
He's a bigger breed dog, he will probably stop growing a little after 1.
Golden retrievers and standard poodles are pretty big.

Small breeds grow faster and stop growing sooner.
[notify]

Zack

Spoiled boy

Barked: Thu May 8, '08 4:03pm PST 
Your dog will grow quite a bit more, most dogs are done growing after a year.
[notify]
Maya

PaperQueen

Barked: Thu May 8, '08 7:22pm PST 
Most puppies at least double the weight they were at 4 months
[notify]
Desoto

Bird Whisperer

Barked: Thu May 8, '08 10:31pm PST 
Small and toy breeds can reach their full height by as young as 6 months. Your a big pup so you will probebly reach your adult height at a year old. However it takes most breeds until they are at least two to fill out completly. Your sure cute right now though way to go
[notify]
Belle

Master Tennis- Ball hound

Barked: Fri May 9, '08 8:38am PST 
it depends on the breed. We are a large breed and we have not stopped growing. Duke is only 6 1/2 months and he is about 64 pounds and belle is 13 months and she is about 60 pounds and she is only going to fill out now. Maybe top out at 65-70 pounds where Duke will be about 80-90 pounds! snoopydancing
[notify]
Raven

Until there are- none, adopt one!

Barked: Fri May 9, '08 9:55am PST 
Large breeds tend to grow forever. I watched a St. Bernard pal of ours grow up and I swear even at 3 years old he isn't done growing.

Most pups have their largest amount of growth in their first year and after that slow down significantly. I'm about done and did most of my growing between 4 and 9 months old.
Raven

Until there are- none, adopt one!

Barked: Fri May 9, '08 9:57am PST 
I also used to know a Golden Doodle (they moved away frown ) and he was still growing at 1, and last I heard he was 2 years old and 80 pounds so you probably have a ways to go!
molly(we miss you baby girl)

not your- ordinary gal

Barked: Sun May 11, '08 4:22pm PST 
I agree. It does depend on breed ,size, ect. On the back of molly puppy food it says we should feed puppy food until she is 1 1/2 year old becuase that is when she done growing. The vet told us molly would be done growing around 8 months because she is a very big dog!cheer
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2