GO!

Help!

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Hunter

Mr. Sock Stealer

Barked: Mon Apr 30, '07 10:37am PST 
Hunter had lost his two front teeth yesterday now I can start singing to him "all I want for christmas is my two front teeth" but I'm kinda worried that his front teeth will come out the wrong was insted of them being strightthinking I told my mom that I wanted to find one of his canine teeth and put in his baby book but she said over time it will crumble into little bits and I have another question Hunter had a ear infection but the medication we had to put in his ear is ran out and it says on the bottle no refills but I still give him a ear cleaner twice a week on monday and friday and he also has dandruff medication I have to give him 2 pills once everyday should I ask for a refill on the ear medication
[notify]
Zeus

The ledgend- lives on.

Barked: Mon Apr 30, '07 11:02am PST 
What ear medication is it? If it's Mometomax (the most widely used ear medication for yeast infections) it should only be used for 7-10 days, and then stop using it for a couple of days, and put nothing in his ear, and your pet should be brought in for a re-check of the ears. Then, your vet can determine what to do. Mometomax isn't something you just just use at your convienence. It can cause secondary problems if you use it too much, and not for it's reccomended use.

I don't know what medication he's on for dandruff, but there's a shampoo made by DVM Pharmaceuticals called Sebalyt that is really good for dark haired coats, especially with dandruff. (Your vet may carry this.)

Also, if your prescriptions say no refills, that means no refills. Even if you call, 99.9% of the time, they won't refill them unless they see him first. Don't fight them on this either, they're just following the rules.

And go ahead and save his teeth if you can find them. I still have Zeus' baby teeth, and they haven't crumbled. I don't believe they will, as they are bones.
[notify]
Attis

I'm your (big)- man.

Barked: Thu May 3, '07 6:10pm PST 
Hunter what kind of food are you eating? Sometimes a food allergy (sensitivity), or lower quality doggy food can cause the ear infection and dandruff.
If you gave the ear drops as suggested and used them all up then chances are they are okay-take a look at them-if there is still an ear infection they will look red (inflammed) in color, maybe be damp inside and/or dirty, they may even have a smell. Does he seem to shake his head often?
As for the dandruff-my first recommendation would be to address his food and maybe switching. Also bathing to much will dry their skin out-using smelly shampoos and such will also contribute.

Now for the precious baby teeth-most of the time they even swallow their teeth (which is fine it does not hurt them) but chances of finding them again after they are lost are very slim.

Enjoy your little guy while he is still little----have lotts of fun. snoopy
[notify]