GO!

Memories of Puppyhood

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Kaiser - My sweet boy- is gone

The Mister

Barked: Wed Apr 25, '07 12:27pm PST 
I look at my dogs and think back to when they were puppies. OMD! How they got into everything, the nips of those deadly puppy teefs, the chewing and destroying everything in sight, getting up and going potty while I'm half asleep, jumping all over the bed and attacking hair/feet/cheeks while I'm trying to sleep, the moaning and groaning and complaining because they have to stay inside while they recover from their spay/neuter, how many times did I say to myself.. "Ok, next time.. I'm getting an adult dog!"

But looking back.. it's all forgotten. I see my dogs growing up and getting older.. my "baby" will be 2 this year and my boy will be 4. I'd give ANYTHING to have those days back.

Enjoy your pups while they are babies.. no matter what they do... because it doesn't last long and you'll miss it when it's over.
[notify]
Jasmine

Such a Happy- Girl

Barked: Wed Apr 25, '07 2:15pm PST 
Hahahaha... the pottying is one thing I don't miss!! Jasmine took three years to fully potty train! shock Once I actually got to business with it though, it really only took about 3 months. But she was never fully potty trained before that because she'd always have an accident at night. Not any more!!

Jasmine surprised me as a puppy because she was never nippy, bitey, mouthy, nothing. She just wanted to play with her brother Max (whom she adored then and still adores now), escape through the door or gates to go run the neighborhood, or cuddle like a baby! She was so cute!

She never really chewed up anything she wasn't supposed to, either. I remember when her puppy teeth fell out and how I saved as many as I could.

I look at pictures of her when she was a puppy... and she looks so different! Now she is so fluffy, but back then her tail was like a whip and her ears were huge and her coat was short and sleek.
Pugsley

I Might Be Small- But I Have It- All!

Barked: Wed Apr 25, '07 2:45pm PST 
Awww Kaiser, its so true. It feels like just yesterday Pugsley was trying to eat my hair and peeing all over the house and giving puppy dog looks when he got in trouble. Now he is almost a year old in 2 weeks, time flys!

Even with all the frustration of puppy-hood I wouldn't of changed it for the world. I love the fact that I am getting to watch him grow up... He went from a 2 lb chubby little puppy (you know how they have those round puppy tummys at first) to a 13 lb beautiful dog.

Edited by author Wed Apr 25, '07 2:47pm PST

[notify]

Balky

Go ahead, make- my day.

Barked: Wed Apr 25, '07 3:48pm PST 
I loved it when Balky was younger and of course the puppy breath was great! But now he's 6 months and he's a handfull! laugh out loud We haven't had a puppy in so long that we were used to the calmness of older dogs. I'd forgotten how much energy puppies have! confusedlaugh out loud
[notify]
River

Always hug your- puppy...

Barked: Wed Apr 25, '07 4:01pm PST 
wavewavewave Hi Kaiser my friend! wavewave and you other great pups too! Well, Mum didn't have a puppy for 18 years, and now she has me! BOL! What a riot! Yes...the piddles...the chewing (Mum's shoes BOL)...the puppy breath...awww....and fat little puppy tummy! The snuggles up to her ears...and nibbling on her earrings! Mum is having a riot, although she couldn't figure out how come her butt was sore BOL!!! all the bending over and chasing me!laugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loud She had totally forgotten puppiness....just makes her want to go and get another! Hope you are keeping well, Kaiser my friend...xoxo River
[notify]
Roscoe

Roscoe the Human

Barked: Thu Apr 26, '07 7:29am PST 
I remember puppy days like it was yesterday. Jasmine, you're right...I don't miss the potty training! However, I miss little Roscoe. 10 month old, 62 lb. Roscoe still thinks he's 12 lbs, which is what he weighed when I got him at 8 weeks! I guess the best remedy for missing puppy days would be to get a new one right???
[notify]
Pascal

Is that ham?

Barked: Thu Apr 26, '07 11:36am PST 
I miss Pascal's puppy days... Back when he thought hardcover books were the best chewies around. And thought tissues were MADE for him to turn into snow for the living room. I -don't- miss when he thought it was okay to do #1 on anything paper or plastic... (Oh, the study notes I lost to puppy pee....).

I have serious puppy fever right now... Pascal turned 1 last month and I really want to get him a little bro or sis puppy, but alas, I'm living in my parents' basement while I go to school and I can't get more doggie family members until I have my own place. frown
[notify]
Dahlila

Poncho=GUILTY!!!

Barked: Thu Apr 26, '07 2:02pm PST 
Dahlila was only 3 lbs when we took her to her first vet visit.
[notify]
Portos- (19/01/95 - 13/07/07)

Praying hard for- Postal

Barked: Thu Apr 26, '07 5:01pm PST 
Awwww, all those memories...mom can still remember when she first saw me...Chichi was giving birth to me on the moquette of mom's dressing room...I was so tiny...then when I started to walk, to chew on everything, then I became an adolescent...then an adult...and now a senior. But there is something mom knows very well: her love for me grew more and more along with my age, and now she loves me more than before and less than tomorrow. Yes, she enjoyed my puppyhood, but the way she looks at me now is so deeply full of love! We have been together for more than 12 years, being together in sadness and happiness, and we trust each other completely.
I'll be her forever puppy, always, even when I'll be gone. Always a puppy in her heart.
[notify]
Cosmopolitan

Cosmo- I love to give- kisses!!!!

Barked: Thu Apr 26, '07 5:14pm PST 
my baby puppy will be 2 in july... people laugh when I talk abotu my puppy then show them pictures of a full grown lab... those people of course have never had a lab to know that they are ETERNAL puppies.. lol..
We miss the puppy days too sometimes, I want a puppy soo much but I think we'll wait one more year. Austin still wears a hat that cosmo chewed the bill of on the side b/c he said she gave it character and now its his favorite. and she chewed the top of my black boots, which i still wear b/c theyre my favorites, and you cant see the chewed part when its hidden under my pants.. lol I don't miss the chewing... but i miss almost everything else... especially the puppy fur. that was my favorite. so soft and cute.
Well my baby wants to cudddle... my BIG GIGANTIC baby... lol
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2