GO!

Belly Bands

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Ming

Lover boy!

Barked: Sun Mar 2, '08 7:30am PST 
I was adopted when I was 4 1/2 yrs old. I was used for breeding, so I wasn't neutered till I was surrended to the shelter. I was adopted and now I am 6 yrs old and I still mark in the house. Mommy & Daddy have tried a Belly Band, but I am able to wriggle my way out of it. It has elastic on it and it feels very uncomfortable. Can anypug recommend a Belly band that will stay on and be comfortable.
Thanks,
Mingwave
[notify]
Seattle

"I'm Famous"

Barked: Sun Mar 2, '08 8:55am PST 
You can get sanitary diapers from most of the catalogs. They cover the sheath area, and are tough to get off. Also, some discipline when he takes off the band might help. I've had dogs neutered at a very young age that still mark, so it's a tough habit to break.
[notify]
Ming

Lover boy!

Barked: Thu Mar 6, '08 5:15am PST 
Thanks Seattlewink
The problem is he gets the Belly Band off when we are not around.
So the discipline might be too late, like disciplining for peeing after they have done it. Most sources say they have already forgotten what they did. I was thinking of trying the Belly Band called
Mark out. They look like they might stay on.
Love ya,
Ming
[notify]

Kitty

I'm not- a scaredy- cat

Barked: Sun Mar 16, '08 5:44am PST 
My daughter made belly bands for one of her male dogs and they have a velcro closure and seem to stay on very well.
[notify]
Ming

Lover boy!

Barked: Sun Mar 16, '08 8:54am PST 
Thanks Kitty,
Mom is trying the same sort of thing calle Mark Out belly bands. They are like ace bandages with velcro. They are quite comfortable.
Love ya,
Ming
[notify]
Fynnigan

Barked: Tue Mar 18, '08 2:23pm PST 
I've not had this problem with any of my dogs but if I did I'd crate the dog during any unattended time and keep him tethered to me with a leash until he learned to leave the belly bands alone.

Good luck to you, hope you find something that works well!
[notify]