GO!

Is Baby Oil safe on my coat?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Fudge The- Pug

Fudge- Eating Machine- Pug!

Barked: Thu Oct 25, '07 6:04am PST 
Mom rubs two drops of baby oil on my coat every night... she thinks its going to make it soft.

Is she doing a bad thing?
[notify]
Alice

Alice - "I can hear- peanut butter."

Barked: Mon Dec 17, '07 12:06pm PST 
Last christmas I liked to drink out of the water at the base of the tree...which means I got sticky sap head. Mom used baby oil to get the sap out of my fur. But that was only temporary - I'm not sure what long term use would do. I would call your vet and ask!
[notify]
Bit Bit

School+Basketbal- l= we wont be on- much

Barked: Tue Dec 18, '07 3:55pm PST 
i think it not good well my my vet said it was bad for my skin
[notify]

Titus

I'm Just Little- On The OUTSIDE!

Barked: Sun Jan 27, '08 7:56pm PST 
There's other ways to help soften your coat, baby oil would probably just make dirt & stuff stick to your fur??
shrug
[notify]
Granpa

lazy gordo;- gordito- lindo;good ol'- granp

Barked: Wed Feb 20, '08 8:50pm PST 
I don't know I have very sensitive skin. Mommy uses an oatmeal shampoo for that. As for baby oil, the vet told mommy to put some drops in my dry nose (I have thyroid disease which equals a dry nose). This has helped, but i really hate that stuff on my nose. Yuck!!!puppy
[notify]
Diamond

Barked: Mon Jun 30, '08 6:20pm PST 
Baby Oil is made of Mineral oil, which is made out of Crude oil. What Mineral oil does is it creates a barrier (my momma calls it liquid sran wrap) and doesnt let things get in your skin or the bad toxins get out. There are products out there that don't have Mineral oil in them.... If you goggle it you may come up with some answers... My Mom washes my fur with a oatmeal base soap. Love to hear from you with any questions.
[notify]