GO!

Is my dog a long-legged corgi (mix)??

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Cooper

Barked: Sun Aug 28, '11 4:59pm PST 
Cooper was found wandering the streets without a collar. As such, I haven't the slightest idea what breed he is. He is 50lbs at 5 years, so clearly he is a mix if he has any corgi in him. I look at his face and coloring and back haunches and think he strongly resembles a corgi. It is rare for me to see a dog with both a Munster peak and Cleopatra eyes, but when I do it tends to be on a Corgi. He also has a short tail. The vet seems to think it is natural and not due to an injury or bobbing. Is it normal for a corgi mix to not have a trace of dwarfism? I've read that it is a dominant allele. How rare is a long-legged corgi mix?

In sum, lol, anyone have an idea what he might be a mix of? Thank you!

Edited by author Sun Aug 28, '11 5:00pm PST

[notify]
Ginger's- Suna Arashi

I'm Heading to- Okinawa, Japan!

Barked: Sun Sep 25, '11 3:26pm PST 
Cooper looks exactly like my parents dog. She's a Pembroke Welsh Corgi/Jack Russell mix.

Perhaps Cooper has a similar makeup!
[notify]