GO!

Corgi puppies?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Mochi

MoOoO

Barked: Fri Sep 14, '07 8:26pm PST 
Hi i was thinking about getting a pembroke welsh corgi puppy. So far i havent found any i like, there are some but they have this black color around their mouth and they're not as red as id like them to be. But i've been told that once they get a bit older the black around the mouth will fade and the red shows more. I'm just a bit worried because i've been lied to about my maltese. but i still love her laugh out loud Thank you for any information regarding this!

and um PS. what's a furminator?
[notify]

Barked: Sat Sep 15, '07 9:01am PST 
To get some idea of how the puppies are going to age, I would look up some different breeder websites. They often have pictures of puppies of different weeks of age. I've noticed that the white areas on corgi puppys gets a little smaller as they get bigger. I've noticed that the dark areas under the eyes seem to lighten up a bit in some puppies, but I haven't been looking at their noses for it.
[notify]
Mocha

zen monk

Barked: Fri Sep 21, '07 6:21am PST 
Colors of Corgi fur has to do with the quality of pet food. I notice that when Vienna join our family, after she was on Hills Science Diet for a month, she became darker like me! A furminator is a special come that get the undercoat too, it works great and better than general brush. especially when shedding.
[notify]

Timmy

BALL, Throw the- BALL

Barked: Fri Sep 28, '07 6:19am PST 
You might want to actually go to a couple of shows in your area and meet breeders and look at their pups. Many of them bring litters to the shows and you can see what colors and the depth of colors that come out in their dogs. I'm with you on the red. It's really hard to find a deep red now a days. Good luck

Timmy kisses
[notify]