GO!

Heidi is getting a hair cut

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Heidi CGC

Play Play Play

Barked: Mon Aug 18, '08 10:04pm PST 
So my roomies got a new puppy that we all just love except that she likes to pull out Heidi's hair and eat it. I was told by breeders that a lot of pups love to pull on mommy's fringe especially the ears!

So Heidi's coat that I love is just not looking so hot or even. I have decided to get her cut so that everything is even and there are no big holes. This is my second time cutting her, and was just wondering if anyone else has cut their pap's hair?
[notify]
Scully

Barked: Tue Aug 19, '08 12:06pm PST 
Are you suppose to get a pap's hair cut? I was planing on getting mine cut when she was older (she's only 4 1/2 months now). I have an American Eskimo and I get her hair cut every 3-5 months, but I have noticed their coats are very different.
[notify]
Bisou CGC- TDI

Boney Baloney- Face

Barked: Tue Aug 19, '08 12:21pm PST 
Oh NO!!! your pretty hair!!!shock

But I understand. My horse had a really really long mane (breed standard), she liked to put her head through the fence and it rubbed out in the middle. Mom had to cut it so it would grow even again.

Dad shaved my foot. It is really shaved, and looks funny. Mom got a tattoo of my pawprint behind her ear. Dad had to shave it so that the ink print would be clean.
[notify]

Heidi CGC

Play Play Play

Barked: Tue Aug 19, '08 5:03pm PST 
Normally we don't cut papillons, though I know some people who keep the trimmed. I like to trim up her feet, though the rabbit feet look is quite cute.

I do know someone who cuts their pap all the time but it is a SD and the short hair works better with the vest.
[notify]
Wiley

Wee Wileston

Barked: Wed Aug 27, '08 4:52pm PST 
Wiley currently has a lion cut, there are a few pics on his page. My intention was to keep him cool for the summer, but as it turns out, long haired dogs are insulated from the heat by their fur shrug so oops, lol. He, however, LOVES the cut, plus it completely matches his personality, and he gets lots of compliments when he goes out!
[notify]
Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Barked: Sun Nov 16, '08 5:15pm PST 
I clip Treader's paw hair and belly hair for sanitary reasons, but as far as cutting the whole thing, no. I've never done that.
I found it a bit funny that puppies with pull on mommy's fur.laugh out loudsilenced
[notify]
Heidi CGC

Play Play Play

Barked: Sun Nov 16, '08 9:29pm PST 
Yea isn't that funny. One breeder told me they had two pups that would grab the ears of the mommy and play tug of war.

It got so bad with my roomies puppy that I caught her pulling Heidi off the couch by the fringe of her ears!shock I can't imagine how that felt.
[notify]