GO!

stuff for humans

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Scrappy

Scrappy -- I'm tough!

Barked: Fri May 27, '05 7:33am PST 
My mom got totally involved in a book yesterday. Normally, I hate she ignores me to read (unless I want to sleep on her lap), but this book was about dogs and a dog walker. So, I thought it might be fun for the humans to share canine-related media stuff.

The book my mom read was The Dog Walker, a fiction book about a lady in her mid-thirties. As she finds out about herself and love, she also works to ensure the happiness of dogs (and the cleanliness of dog parks). Mom was laughing out loud at times. If anyone else knows about good books or movies that include dogs, please share.
[notify]
Shakespeare

Bringin' Sexy- Back!

Barked: Fri May 27, '05 8:15am PST 
My mommy's reading a book called "Dog Stories" by James Herriot. It's a collection of short stories that are just excellent!
[notify]
Zola

Zola bola

Barked: Fri May 27, '05 6:26pm PST 
Chicken Soup for A Pet Lover's Soul it made my mommy cry
[notify]

♥Stitch♥

I love my mom.

Barked: Fri May 27, '05 6:59pm PST 
Mom has 2 chicken soup pet books. Ahe reads them over & over.
[notify]
AJ (5/25/98 - 7/27/09)

Barked: Fri May 27, '05 7:03pm PST 
"Written by the late Irving Townsend, 'Separate Lifetimes' is truly a gift from a talented writer who lived with, loved and learned from many animals. When you read his piece on 'Spending a Two Dog Night', you know you are in the company of a man who spent many nights struggling for his share of the blankets!
[notify]
Lily

Tough Runt

Barked: Fri May 27, '05 7:37pm PST 
Shakespeare... have you read James Herriot's other books? They are about his adventures as a country vet. Great stuff (mom is going to school to be a vet, so she just ADORES these books). There are four of them (the titles all make up a poem):

All Creatures great and small,
All things bright and Beautiful,
All things wise and wonderful (mom is on this one, right now),
The lord god made them all

They are a great series for any animal lover, and they have been known to inspire young readers to be Vets. smile
[notify]
Shakespeare

Bringin' Sexy- Back!

Barked: Fri May 27, '05 8:17pm PST 
Thanks Lily!!! I'll definitely tell my mommy to read those too.

She's really enjoying this one, so the others will be a treat as well.

mmmmm treat smile
[notify]
Lily

Tough Runt

Barked: Fri May 27, '05 8:36pm PST 
Shakespeare... I gave you a bone! Tell your mom to read them in order... they are soooo much better that way.
[notify]
----Jordan--- --

Sweet & gentle- rabble rouser

Barked: Sat May 28, '05 10:58am PST 
Scrappy - there's a book called 'What Wendell Wants' which is the tail of a yuppyish 30-ish couple with a new dog. Parts of it are a little ridiculous and over the top but I could still relate to it. Maybe that's not a good thing...But parts of it are very funny...
[notify]
Keiko- (4/8/98-12/5- /12)

Queen fuddy- duddy

Barked: Sat May 28, '05 12:32pm PST 
Definitely James Herriot's books are awesome. I've only read the first two and that was back in high school, but I remember them being very good.

I also really enjoyed the book "Amazing Gracie" by Dan Dye and Mark Backloff about the raising of a deaf great dane. And if you've heard of the Three Dog Bakery (famous doggie treats), the owners are the authors.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2