GO!

I like Mommy's Shoes

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Piper

Barked: Tue May 24, '05 11:07pm PST 
When Mommy isn't watching, I like taking her shoes from her closet. She doesn't like it when I take her shoes, but I'm really good with them. I never chew them. I just think they belong in my bed so I can show them off to everyone, not in the closet. Can someone please explain to her why I do that, because she just doesn't understand why?
[notify]
Lily

Tough Runt

Barked: Tue May 24, '05 11:24pm PST 
Piper, you do that because your mom's shoes SMELL LIKE HER! You feel comforted when with mom, so you like things that smell like her... and her shoes smell A LOT like her!
[notify]
Sara

Got Bread?

Barked: Wed May 25, '05 2:02am PST 
Lily's right Piper, I do that for the same reason - I never chew them either...and sometimes when Sara's Mom comes over, I take her shoes too so she won't leave!
[notify]

Rene

Got peanuts?

Barked: Wed May 25, '05 2:03am PST 
That shoulda been from me, not Sara smile
[notify]
Snowy

A Doggie Scholar

Barked: Wed May 25, '05 2:08am PST 
You steal shoes??? That's pretty smart. Maybe I should try that. I'll hide all my mommie's shoes. Maybe she'll never leave.
[notify]
Shakespeare

Bringin' Sexy- Back!

Barked: Wed May 25, '05 7:06am PST 
I don't care about mommy's shoes.... What I really like are mommies socks. I steal them from the laundry room and since mommy's bed is my bed she often finds them under her pillow. Tee hee hee

But I don't understand why she doesn't like that.
[notify]
Avalanche

Pardon my- mud-mask

Barked: Wed May 25, '05 7:54am PST 
I was bummed staying in my new crate. They noticed I liked sleeping on dirty laundry, so they figured it was the scent. The big female put one of her dirty Tshirts into the crate. Ever since then I've been a happy girl in my new crate, cuddling up to the cloth that smells like my pack.

Perhaps your alpha can entice you with an article of worn clothing or towel so you leave the shoes alone. They should not let you chew the clothes!
[notify]
Basil

Boogle!

Barked: Wed May 25, '05 12:52pm PST 
This might be bogus, but I've heard that when female doggies collect things in one place, they are using their mothering instinct. Kind of like they want puppies but don't have any, so they find something else to keep track of. My Daddy's aunt had a doggie that collected rocks in her bed.
[notify]
AJ (5/25/98 - 7/27/09)

Barked: Wed May 25, '05 3:28pm PST 
I used to steal mom's shoes and she didn't like it. I was just training her to put them in the closet where they belonged, not scattered all over the house.
She FINALLY learned, though. Of course I had to kill her favorite dress-up shoes to make her see the light.
That's been about 5 years ago and I noticed that she's starting to get sloppy again about leaving those smelly shoes all over the house. I may have to take drastic action again..
[notify]
Lily

Tough Runt

Barked: Wed May 25, '05 5:39pm PST 
Ha ha, AJ... glad to hear your mom finally learned the correct way (or AJ way) or doing things!

Yeah, Basil... that sounds locical! You could be right!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2