GO!

Hoping it was sarcastic - headdesk

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

Kale

Good Boy

Barked: Wed Jul 18, '12 12:15pm PST 
I commented elsewhere online about recent issues with containing the dogs when they see prey, and mentioned their kills and near misses. I guess it seemed like I was enjoying the situation to someone who messaged me asking how hypocritical it is for me to condemn Vick while at the same time posting about the dogs killing other critters.

What?

Yes, I did think it was ironic that someone complimented how beautiful the dogs are when one of them had bird legs hanging out of her mouth... But I'm not encouraging the chase, I'm trying to contain them, but it was an awkwardly funny situation.

Big difference between dogs being dogs with natural instincts, and people being animals like Vick (and that's an insult to animals).

Am I crazy here?
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Wed Jul 18, '12 4:51pm PST 
Sadly... we cannot "contain" some idiot notions either......

Do your best to ignore it... sadly in some(but not all) cases you cant mend stupid.

dog walk
[notify]
Kale

Good Boy

Barked: Wed Jul 18, '12 5:44pm PST 
It wasn't sarcastic and he launched into a big lecture. The comparison to Vick was vile and I told him so. But for crying out loud, animals in the wild kill each other all the time. We eat meat. ARRGH. I'm not going to be upset about the fact the dogs caught birds on the ground or in bushes (that were probably already injured, if they didn't get away) and like to play with turtles when they find one.

Eesh.

The more I thought about it, the angrier it made me, but I've vented and am calming down now.
[notify]