GO!

SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

(Page 686 of 1399: Viewing entries 6851 to 6860)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  681  682  683  684  685  686  687  688  689  690  691  [Last 10 entry]  
Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Fri Feb 15, '13 8:57pm PST 
Thanks guys! And thanks Roxy on the flooring compliment! It's laminate- got it on sale for 99cents/square foot this summer and my family put it in. It's the WHOLE house! I love the color, but it can be a pain to keep clean. Every little hair shows up on it!
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Fri Feb 15, '13 10:54pm PST 
WELL DONE Sarah !!!!

Congratulations Sarah
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 4:47am PST 
Sarah, congrats!!!!!!! Use ALL the letters, you earned them, BOL!
Turner... my vet screams about cow hoofs... he calls them made for vets to make money doing surgery to remove the pieces stuck in their intestines!!!!! He says they actually absorb water from the intestine and then stick tight instead of passing thru.
BIG SIGN in the clinic about them and they keep a collection of the pieces removed from dogs for people to see. Nasty things!!! We refuse to give them to boarding dogs in our kennel if they come in with them.
[notify]

Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 9:44am PST 
Way to go Sarah!! cheercheer Guess I've been lucky with the cow toes Toto relieved Got a good run in with the pups today. Sun is in and out but we'll take what we can get! meditatemeditate It's my Monday - away we go to make sure this corner of the world is safe! Have a great night all! flowersflowers
[notify]
Thor

Hump Hump

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 11:34am PST 
Howdy Hiney Wipers..wave

Leftover SPAM for old Farticus ....hamster dance
Weather wise , overcast ,chilly light rain on & off , possible light dusting of snow in the afternoon, temp going to drop big time over the next few days....confused

After our morning run , we stopped over to pick up our order at the bakery...happy dance

Zelda_so_true...way to go

Sanka ..Very seldom do I give advice , but I would walk away from the house with foundation problems , fixed or not...look at it 5 or 10 years from now ,if you had to sell it, if like here , that info or repair would have to be on the deed ,plus real estate person must inform potential buyers verbally & in writing of a problem , by law. That would cut 50 to 80% lookee_see future buyers from even bothering to look at the place..You know buyers have alot on their minds,besides bank stuff & taxes , they are thinking about immediate upgrades like roofs/wiring/plumbing/fireplaces/heaters/Ac units/kitchens & baths, if you add "Foundations" to their mental list, they wont bother, to many houses out there with no problems, so you would be tied down trying to pay it off & while,just say ,you had to move out of state....lets face it ,near a river , most likely the land base couldnt deal with a foundation in the first place,,,just saying..I know you got the itch,but I would look elsewhere., plus you are young yet,we all know that a house could be a good investment, but maybe you should stay portable for a few years to see if you can adjust to the economy, it isnt going to get any better.. thinkingthinking

Here is my last advice...never date a guy with the nickname of " Blade Runner".. shock

Quote of the day ...
If someone hates you for no reason give that SOB a reason....big laughbig laugh

Sports _Builds_character.laugh out loudlaugh out loud

Sarah ..congrats..happy dance

Bunny ...I'm glad somebody reads zelda , besides me....way to go

Turner ...mob wifes , real classy ladies...big laughbig laugh

Since we got crummy weather, Thor & myself are going to have lunch "scones" & settle in on the couch & rewatch some old movies on DVD...Robin Hood & Captain blood with Errol Flynn..cloud 9 / High Noon with Gary Cooper & The man who would be king with Sean Connery & Michael Cain...by then I should be snoring with Thor...way to go

Have good day eveyone...happy dance

Hugs & Farts
Couch King Thor..wave

OnceBittenTwiceShy_GreatWhite_1234
Great_White_bunch_Of_Pretend_Rockers....confused

before movie read...thinking

Weird but true

** Bunny & Tash ***

Talk about pulling a rabbit out of your hat!
The parking lots at Denver International Airport are being besieged by bunnies chewing on car wiring.
Officials are putting in better fences and building perches for predators like eagles.
And get a whiff of this! Mechanics suggest coating the wires with fox or coyote urine available at hunting-supply outlets.....laugh out loudlaugh out loud
There’s no neigh-saying this.
Mariska, a horse in Michigan, has figured out how to open the latches of her stall door and those of other horses at Misty Meadow Farms so well that her owners have dubbed the Friesian equine the “Houdini Horse.’’
A home video of her picking locks on YouTube has been viewed more than 700,000 times so far...big laughbig laugh
“Dear John’’ letters have gone high-tech.
A guy’s gal pal paid for a digital-billboard ad in England to dump him.
“Dan, I’m leaving you for Gary. Your clothes are at your mum’s & I’ve changed the locks. Sorry to do this on Valentine’s Day. Laura.’’ ...eek
Japanese keepers at an aquarium in Kobe are going high-tech to help Yu, a disabled loggerhead turtle whose front flippers were shredded in a clash with a shark five years ago.
Aquarium director Naoki Kamezaki hopes that one day Yu will be able to “use her prosthetic fins to swim to the surface, walk about and dig a proper hole to lay her eggs in.’’...thinkingthinking
No, it’s not Christmas but in Norway you’ll be able to catch 12 straight hours of a burning fireplace on public TV, along with commentary by firewood experts.
“We’ll talk about the very nerdy subjects like burning, slicing and stacking the wood, but we’ll also have cultural segments with music and poems,’’ said one of the producers.
“It will be very slow but noble television.’’....laugh out loudlaugh out loud

Edited by author Sat Feb 16, '13 11:47am PST

[notify]
Dunlop

Dunlop-named for- the rider not- the tyer

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 12:29pm PST 
Sarah, bet ya the floor shows all the little white hairs? Like the ones that fall of Dunlop and Lizzies faces?

Bunny, the place is a fancy accommodation/restaurant setting themed around ducks. The cottages are named things like "Teal", "Puddle" & "Plume"

Thor, can you imagine the poor person having to gather said repellent to be bottled? silenced laugh out loud

Had a rather drunk customer come through work last night, got asked for a "little something on the side" - all those witty remarks you learn as an adult? All those smart comebacks? and yet the most childish ones spout out first. "Bug off mate"

shrug

& Sanka - river = moist soil under the house = rising damp = humidity = buying a life time supply of moisture absorbers like we do here. We have a set day every couple of months to empty and refill all the catchers and have at least one in each room. We also have allot of books that we are picky over how they are stored
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 2:38pm PST 
Afternoon All........

We had a few snow flurries in the early hours.. it was just a dusting but BEAUTIFUL ! The sky after was pitch black with a zillion diamond stars. All gone now... but it was a little piece of Magick !

Wavesss to Toto..~~~~~~~~

Turner.. just keep YOU safe...

Wavess to Thor........ with you re foundations...

Dunlop.... still love the sound of the venue ! Yes to the remarks.. all the practiced one just vanish.. the Anglo-Saxon always wins !!
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 3:21pm PST 
wave

Turner, just waiting for the storm to startdancing

Congratulations , Sarahway to go

Sanka, the thoughts others have mentioned were mine as well regarding foundation problems. Nothing wrong with a fixer upper but you want easy fixes , not tear down and build over fixeswink

Dunlop, sounds like a great spot for a weddingsmile

Flicka, the videos of the meteorite on the net were just breathtaking but in a scary wayshock

Thor, re Zelda, I am getting younger all the timewink As to the bunny problem , couldn't they just use dog pee? I am sure Thor would be happy to obligelaugh out loud

I finally got to watch a bit of Westminster. I think I got about half and the other half is tomorrow. Loved the Pug, glad he placed smile Thought the Min Pin had pizazzsmile The Frenchie was a adorable. Not saying that because of Toto, I forgot about him being Darell's grandson when I was looking at him! Was a little put out that the Spoodle only got second placelaugh out loud
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 4:37pm PST 
Bunny.....

Stay safe from the storm.

And I bet a few Red Phones were red hot too !!
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 5:08pm PST 
Congratulations, Sarah! cheer

Went to obedience with Onyx this morning for the first time in over two months, and apparently he's changed quite a bit since then. Everyone in the class was commenting on how much he's grown. Mostly filling out, since I think he's done height wise, and his head getting broader. One person even legitimately asked if he was the same dog when they first saw him o.O Had someone over last night who hadn't seen him in about as long, and she was also saying he looked bulkier. I hadn't realized he looked so different, since I see him everyday.

Then afterward went to lunch with my parents and brought Onyx along. In the car on the ride home, I realize he's tracking pink globs. Apparently somewhere between the outdoor table and the car in the parking lot 30 feet away, he stepped in gum some moron left on the ground. So then there was gum mashed onto and between his pads and all over the back of my car. So I had to make sure he didn't try to lick it off on the way home, since it probably had xylitol in it, and then work on cleaning it out. Seats were down in the back, so the car was easy enough and probably ended up cleaner than it had been before. But getting it out of his paw was a pain. He's fine with having his paws handled, but he didn't like the smell of the citrus stuff I was using to remove it. Why people think it's okay to just leave their gum anywhere is beyond me &@$*#%!

Edited by author Sat Feb 16, '13 5:09pm PST

[notify]
  (Page 686 of 1399: Viewing entries 6851 to 6860)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  681  682  683  684  685  686  687  688  689  690  691  [Last 10 entry]