GO!

SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

(Page 623 of 1446: Viewing entries 6221 to 6230)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  618  619  620  621  622  623  624  625  626  627  628  [Last 10 entry]  
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '13 4:05pm PST 
Sarah, when you count our pre Halloween 24 inches from last year, famous as the LEAST snowy year since the 1890's, we have way, way less this year so far.
It was supposed to be in the 50's here today but the fog never burned off so it only made 42. Nonetheless, it still melted almost all our snow and my parking lot is now clear of ice. BUT, there is still enough snow for pea soup fog. I can't even see the outside light on the kennel and it's only about 300 feet away from my house.
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '13 5:20pm PST 
We are down to 16F already and everything has freeze dried mostly.

Some of you know I turn in daily early morning weather measurements and comments for CoCoRaHS/NOAA and I have monthly webinar training seminars that are always fascinating... They are live and the speakers are all dedicated weather scientists etc of some kind. This month it is

"Flavors of Climate variability: El Nino, La Nina and Recurring Jet Stream patterns" presented by Jerry Bell of NOAA's Climate Prediction Center, College Park, MD.

"This presentation is designed to introduce several major climate phenomena that strongly influence our weather throughout the year, sometimes for decades at a time. Some of these climate patterns are linked to recurring jet stream patterns and are called teleconnections. Another climate phenomenon (El NiƱo) is linked to tropical Pacific sea surface temperature and rainfall patterns, while yet another is linked to Atlantic sea surface temperature patterns. The nature of these various climate phenomena will be described, and their importance for weather in the U.S. and elsewhere will be shown. The manner in which various combinations of climate factors interact, along with aspects of their predictability, will also be discussed."

Because the weather systems of the southern and northern hemisphere affect and interact with each other... what we are seeing last year for Summer here... blazing drought... and its counterpart in Australia now... blazing drought ... expect a another scorching summer. The winters have mimiced each other too. Less snow pack by a LONG way.

Add to it all that the Sunspot cycle hasnt peaked yet.. and should of. Only this week Space Weather put out the alert that a massive sunspot is coming earth facing.. the weather and astronaut folk will be watching very closely !

Ok.. off my soapbox now ..........

silenced
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '13 5:23pm PST 
Hope Dunlop is feeling betterhughughug

Sanka, silenced re the Golden

Toto, we are supposed to get quite warm tomorrow. All I know is the rabbits water bowl was not frozen at all todaydancing

waves to Flicka , Yoshi, Sarah, Tyler and Hershey

I am all done kitty sittingsnoopy the tenant just came home and I called to let him know I knew he was back. He said kujo kitty grew in the week he was gonelaugh out loud

ETA Flicka before you got off your soap box , you should have told everyone the havoc that sunspot could wreakeek Sorry it looks like you are in for another hot summerfrown

Edited by author Sun Jan 13, '13 5:33pm PST

[notify]

Sanka- I'll Miss- You

The ground is my- newspaper.

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '13 5:46pm PST 
Same here Sarah. Took me 30 minutes to deice my car. And that's with the heat on full blast, me scraping, and spraying deicer all over the place. Oh how I long for the day I have a garage.

I'm so dang tired of hunters too. I thought the second week of January was the end of hunting season, so I went to the hunting grounds for a long hike. I love hiking there. I scouted it out first and didn't see any vehicles, so I thought for sure I was in the clear. Nope.

Half-way through a bunch of gunshots go off near the river ahead of us and freak Kato out. Not a big deal as I knew a way around. But then there was a guy in a tree stand in full camo just sitting there right on the trail. I didn't have any other way around at that point, so I just had to walk right past him. Asked him when hunting season ended, and he said January 20th. I swear it gets longer every year.

I just wish they'd post the dates somewhere. I've checked DNR, the state park, the paper, etc on hunting seasons, and they are all so vague and don't give exact dates. Drives me nuts!
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '13 5:48pm PST 
That would be frustrating , Sankafrown

Flicka, I realize it might not be that particular sunspot but I have read what bad ones could doshock
[notify]
Dunlop

Dunlop-named for- the rider not- the tyer

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '13 6:20pm PST 
rain cloud 9

He's better today, he managed to thump Mum in the head with one of his giant tennis balls on a rope. Why they used an opiate on him I have no idea, I asked for him to be sedated not zonked out for days! I'll ask the next time I'm there or get a minute spare to make a call.

Ended up sleeping for roughly 15 hours. Starting to suspect something is up because I'm tired continuously. Having quiche for tea with a salad for the vitamin content. Lack of vegetables and fresh fruit may be the issue - trying to convince Mitch to eat vegetable anything apart from chips is near impossible.

Wishing Well was a fail. The paper shrank and puckered when glue was applied. Bought fabric today with this neat Iron on batting (padding) to back it with - success do far!

Sanka, thanks for the cartoon, it made me laugh.

Oh! & I found motorcycle fabric for one of Mum's projects for Dad cheer
[notify]
Roxy

Here comes- Trouble!

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '13 7:06pm PST 
wave.

It's -12 below here right now. I don't know what the windchill is but It's Cold Outside!

Thor pooped in the hallway last night. confused nice mushy poo. The kind that is hard to get out of the carpet!! My carpet shampooer is a piece of junk! It worked about a year and it leaks and is just a waist of money! It's a Hoover! I'm going to rent the Rug dr and save up to buy myself one! I think Thor might have gotten a stomach ache from his shots.....

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. I baked Chocolate Chip Cookies yesterday. Cold and wintery so cookies go good! big grin
[notify]
Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '13 8:03pm PST 
eeeee!!! They are opening a lure coursing place by my house!!!!!!! Sarah won't do it but I think Lizzie would LOVE it!!
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '13 8:10pm PST 
There you go Bunny.. the Space weather site !!

Space Weather

And you are right.. the bad ones screw up telecommunictions REALLY badly. On the ISS they get the warnings and as they dont have Earths atmospheric protection they have to go into a specially shielded part.. but its is still risky.

Feeding the cat is the way to Cat Bliss !

Sanka... its totaly amazing the hunting dates are not properly soted and posted.... same probs here.

This is just one of many sites you can find them on for the UK

Hunting Seasons U.K

Dunlop.. thankfully Dunlop is ok.. but I think I would be more than "asking" why they used what they did.

Roxy.. stay SAFE and stay WARM... Hoping Thor 's tum settles ! I got a Bissle carpet shampooer. Whilst I dont like Bissel the hoover I DO like the carpet shampooer !

Sarah... that is FUN.. I used to do it years ago in UK.. not competing.. but just for the fun of it with the falconry dogs we had.

Edited by author Sun Jan 13, '13 8:12pm PST

[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '13 9:03pm PST 
Evening all! wave Roxy, tell Little Man that I saw a frog hopping in the road on my way home from work tonight! shock A frog, in January? thinkinglaugh out loud It was 61 today, unbelievable. Raining and still 50. Stay warm my friends. Bunny, my BFF had a psycho cat that I would feed when she went away years ago. Darn thing would run out of nowhere bite your feet/ankles and then run away. He was crazy! naughty hug for Thor - poor baby. I'm sure he didn't mean to poop in the house. Tired, long night. Night, night all! flowers
[notify]
  (Page 623 of 1446: Viewing entries 6221 to 6230)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  618  619  620  621  622  623  624  625  626  627  628  [Last 10 entry]