GO!

SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

(Page 598 of 1440: Viewing entries 5971 to 5980)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  593  594  595  596  597  598  599  600  601  602  603  [Last 10 entry]  
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Wed Jan 2, '13 5:21am PST 
Happy belated birthday, Tylerpartypartysnoopyhappy dancehamster dancewisheswishespartyparty

Sarah, TV/dog bed is such a cool idea!cloud 9

Sanka, you call that snow? wink

Hey, Dahlia/Rustywave

welcome back Thor

Sonja, sounds like quite the start to the New Year!

Hi, Nicky ,Onyx and Dunlop wave

Great snow pics, Turner. Now that's snow! big grin

Yoshi, it's true that you catch more flies with honey than vinegar smile

Toto, hope your rib is feeling better hug

No worries, Flicka, Bunny was just helping me by cleaning up every last crumb, including the ones in the box big laugh

Hubby and I went out for New Year's eve. To the best of my recollection , it was the first time ever shock We had a really nice time and hubby even managed a few dances. He has arthritis of the spine ( which is why I was the one shoveling the other day ) so dancing is not something he does a lot of At any rate, we had a good time cloud 9

Yet another day off and I am lost shrug I do have to deliver flyers and it is -28 C with the wind chill blue dog

Edited by author Wed Jan 2, '13 5:28am PST

[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Wed Jan 2, '13 5:48am PST 
Morning All......

Spine doc day then grocery shopping...

Sarah... a few sucesses at easy are a confidence builder so letting Sarah learn what she needs is the route to go probably... then add in the challenges...

Turner.... Lucas could always do it.. but never would... the moment I stopped trying and just did it with Flicka... Lucas followed on ! Lucas is also unbribable... wont work for treats or a toy has no real drive for either... His problem is its just beneath him.. and they dont do stuff like that on his planet ! But... try the "not trying"...

Bunny..... that sounded a wonderful start for the New Year !! Stay safe and WARM !
[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Wed Jan 2, '13 9:31am PST 
Afternoon all wave. Dogs came with me to town today. Had packages to mail and got their licenses for the yearcheer I worked Grunt on his downs. This is going to be interesting laugh out loud. It's cold outside today Not as cold as Bunnys but 16 degree wind chill is a bit cold for pups. We only stayed in the playground for about 25 mins. Toto hope the ribs are better. meditate. It's my Friday. cheer have a great day allflowers
[notify]

Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Barked: Wed Jan 2, '13 12:29pm PST 
Thanks for Ty's birthday greetings. He had a good day, although we didn't end up doing a beach walk as the beaches were PACKED! New Years Day sees everyone out and about it seems! Beach walk tomorrow though!

First night we arrived Ty fell in the fish pond and you have never seen a dog move so fast! laugh out loud He's now giving the pond a wide berth!

Am off for a swim in the pool now. Sorry i can't catch up with you all properly but i'm making fly by visits this week.

wave wave
[notify]
Sanka- I'll Miss- You

The ground is my- newspaper.

Barked: Wed Jan 2, '13 2:24pm PST 
Bunny, that's 9" of snow and 9" more than I've seen all year. I'll take it! They usually get quite a few feet of snow up there, but the past 2 years have been horrible. I wanted to go up last year, but there wasn't any snow in December! We couldn't go to a lot of places because the snow pack just wasn't good at all. So, it wasn't the best, but it still was awesome.

Glad you enjoyed your new years! I was planning on spending New Years in Michigan, but we came home a day early due to other plans. I was so tired from driving that I just stayed home and fell asleep early. Woke up at 12:15 funny enough, auld lang syne was still playing.laugh out loud
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Wed Jan 2, '13 2:25pm PST 
Ty, enjoy and don't worry about us, most of us are pretty much frozen in place, literally, BOL!!!
We are only at 17f right now, from a low of -4f this morning... I HATE being cold and being in my warm bed makes my rib hurt more. (So does shivering, BOL!)
Today we had a 120 lb golden, 150 lb newf!!!, three mini poodles and a standard poodle for grooming. I SURVIVED, due in part to the spoo jumping onto the table himself and the other two big guys using our steps with no issues.
The boarding clients were very okay with the handling of their old dog, thank goodness. Turns out, they made ME a little mad cuz they noticed she was really bad on Christmas Eve, were going to put her to sleep but didn't do anything about it cuz they were "busy" getting ready to leave on their trip. Poor dog!!! If they had just asked I would have done it for them when she came in since their vet is right next door and neither she nor I would have had to go thru all the stress!!!
Jethro is beginning to act like his Grandpa Lukie, which makes me very happy in spite of the obnoxious behavior, BOL! I loved that old guy and miss him every day!
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Wed Jan 2, '13 3:17pm PST 
Onyx loves downs. It's like his default position. "Oh, I wasn't listening so I didn't hear what you asked me to do. I'll just do a down."

On the subject of Onyx, apparently the poor guy has diarrhea, probably because of the change in diet since I have the sitter feeding him dehydrated raw instead of his regular meals. I had been giving him handfuls of the new food here and there, but I guess I should have fully switched him before leaving. She only comes over to let him out once a day, so that's a mess. And because he's so bored and underexercised, he's starting taking the ornaments off the tree for us silenced

We drove out from my brother's house yesterday to a cabin right on a lake just a few miles from the border with Canada. Even colder here. Got down to 9F last night which is extremely cold for someone who lives in an area where 70 degree winter days are normal laugh out loud

Edited by author Wed Jan 2, '13 3:23pm PST

[notify]
Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Wed Jan 2, '13 4:26pm PST 
Hope Onyx is feeling better soon!

My dad brought the console over! It's not finished yet, I still need to figure out how to cover the hole in the back and make the back dark, but here it is! The dogs are sleeping in it and the cats are absolutely fascinated! Sarah was curled up asleep in there but one of the cats jumped on top. The noise scared her and she got out, FAST!

Here's a picture-
Console Den!
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Wed Jan 2, '13 5:07pm PST 
Evening All.......

Turner.. wrap up warm and enjoy your coming "weekend"!

TY... we often used to go down to the coast on a nice New years day.. didnt matter how cold.. as long as it was not raining. It blew the cobswebs out !.

Laughed about the pond ! Have a good holiday !

Toto... I had wondered about the dog.. and frankly... I think their attitude was indefencible. Its ok.. I will stick pins in the wwax doll... attitude like theirs makes me very very angry.

Wishing you ease with your rib...

Onyx... ohhh poor boy ! He is going to as glad to see you as you are him.

Sarah... I dont know what you call it here but in England"Hardboard." 1/4" thick... flexable... made of reconstitited fibre. No.. not fibre board... but that stuff.. backs the bookcase kits you buy etc... But a sheet and cut to size... panal pin/or glue onto the back...

Then either acrylic paint the back to colour of your choice.. or you could also use the stickly backed paper that comes on rolls... or a light coat of PVA glue and a nice fabric.. but I would go for acrylic paint or sticky backed paper as its wipable.
[notify]
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Wed Jan 2, '13 5:18pm PST 
Happy New Year to allparty Hope everyone had a good holiday.
Thorhug great to hear from you. Really missed the funnieslaugh out loud
I have a room mate...finally. He grew up with Golden Retrievers, so he knows all about big, hairy, shedding dogsdog The dogs seem to like him. Well, Wiley loves everyonelaugh out loud But Squam has crawled in his lap, & did wiggly butt with the guy..who played tug with him...so hopefully it will work out.

sunshineonmyshouldermakesmehappy_1234 wink
[notify]
  (Page 598 of 1440: Viewing entries 5971 to 5980)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  593  594  595  596  597  598  599  600  601  602  603  [Last 10 entry]