GO!

What to write on ID tags?

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2  
Sakari

Divas can get- dirty too !

Barked: Mon Dec 5, '11 12:22pm PST 
We use our Vets address on our tags as well as 2 phone numbers and the dogs name. They each have 1 tag like that, their microchip tag with chip number, and a smart tag that has their id number and the hotline number.
[notify]
Kitsune

Divide and- cuddle!!

Barked: Mon Dec 5, '11 2:26pm PST 
Thanks smile

This is the tag I'm going to get him. He actually already has one like that but I want to get another just in case. I really like these tags, the one he has already has held up really well and is still really easy to read, plus I think they look nice smile

http://www.amazon.com/Pet-ID-Tag-engraved-Available/dp/B003J5H KX8/ref=wl_it_dp_o_npd?ie=UTF8&coliid=I2Y47PR5DULKN9&colid=23CDQYON4 350S

He also has a food allergies tag but all that one says is it lists what he's allergic too. Oh and his rabies tag and town license which I think could be used to look up his information if need be?

I'm leaning towards getting the tag with his name, our phone numbers, and the town and state we live in.
[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Mon Dec 5, '11 2:28pm PST 
I got these neat little water proof canvas pouches that slide right onto any normal collar. They contain my info and the vets. I got them the first time we moved to Sask and the dogs normally only wear them if we are travelling but they could just stay on the collars. Quieter then tags too.
[notify]

Scruffy

In Loving Memory

Barked: Mon Dec 5, '11 2:41pm PST 
I put "If I'm alone I'm lost" my husband's cell phone number, my cell phone number, city, state and zip code. I put city and state and zip code incase we are traveling and the dogs got out so someone could read the tags and see where they're from.
[notify]
Hazel

Noise Police

Barked: Mon Dec 5, '11 5:44pm PST 
Hazel wears two tags, one on her collar and one on her harness. The one on her harness has enough space for 4 lines: her name, my cell, bf's cell, and "grandparents'" home number. I figure between those three numbers, they're likely to reach one of us.
The one on her collar has 5 lines of space so it has all of the above information, plus a line that says "People-loving dog." That may seem weird, and I wonder if people would even understand that it means she won't bite people. I am hoping that if the person who finds her has another dog, and Hazel air-snaps their dog (she is fear-reactive), they'll realize that she loves people and won't throw her back on the street for being an overall vicious dog!
[notify]
Bianca CGC- TT HIC Thd- ♥

What big ears- you have...

Barked: Mon Dec 5, '11 8:17pm PST 
I don't usually put any names on my pet ID tags. Since there is a limited amount of space on the tags I figure there is more important info I can add instead.

I really like Boomerang Tags. Theirs are VERY sturdy and well made and they fit a lot of info. For my cat who has allergies I was able to put medical info on one side of a hanging tag and then my contact info on the other. The rest of my cats have the Boomerang Tags Collartags

Bianca has several tags. I use Boomerang Collartags for the main ID tag because it is like a nameplate so there is nothing hanging down.
The Collartag on her regular "house" collar has the following (everything I wrote is on the tag except the part in parentheses):

000-000-0000 (my home phone number)
CELL # 000-000-0000
VET # 000-000-0000
MY ADDRESS
IF IM ALONE, IM LOST

Her other ID tag also includes that she is microchipped. Then she has her microchip tag, rabies/city license tag, and her AKC CAR tag all in a tag pouch which is usually on her other collar which I use whenever we go out anywhere.

Edited by author Mon Dec 5, '11 8:19pm PST

[notify]
Kitsune

Divide and- cuddle!!

Barked: Tue Dec 6, '11 5:25am PST 
Haha I kind of like the sounds Kit's tags make. He's prone to getting himself into trouble and the sound of his tags often blows his cover when he's around the house laugh out loud

I got a tag from Boomerang Tags before but honestly I like the one I posted a link to from Amazon more. The cool thing about the Boomerang Tag I had was that it was double sided, but other than that I like the other one more. I'm 99.9% sure I'm just going to get that tag again, just wasn't sure what to have written on it.

I'm leaning towards what I said, getting his name, my cell phone number, my fiance's cell phone number, and the town and state we live in.
[notify]
Bella and- Daisy CGC

I'm a Meanie

Barked: Tue Dec 6, '11 2:49pm PST 
I have double sided boomerang tags.

My name
my phone #
my parents phone #
address
tag make and ID number
"needs medication"
[notify]