GO!

Doggy Kidnappings on the rise.

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

(Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 34)  
1  2  3  4  
Abner

Basset Hound- with a Flatty- suit on

Barked: Tue Sep 6, '11 4:51am PST 
My friend thinks I'm crazy because I think she's absolutely INSANE for suggesting I leave my dog unattended for the day in her yard, which is directly adjacent to a business on a busy road. UMMNOTHANKS. "He's a dog, Aimee. He doesn't need to be watched constantly."

I'm a very risk vs reward, and the risk isn't worth it when it comes to Abner!

I also have a terrible fear of someone feeding him something bad.

I can't tell you how scared I am of someone stealing him. He's kind of weird looking, and is really appealing to some people. A good number of people also think he's a puppy.

Argh. Being a mom is hard.
[notify]
Shadowfang

I'mma getchu- PUPPY!

Barked: Mon Oct 17, '11 1:53pm PST 
Our dog Grimm was stolen from our yard in Las Vegas, while we were home no less. Our other dog, Jackie was lethargic like she'd be drugged. There was a strange food bowl in our yard, and the lock was cut. We also found his collar lying in the yard. They had the garage set up as their bedroom with toys, food, water, and beds. He had an appointment for his microchipping and neutering that weekend. The same night 3 others dogs were stolen in the same fashion. We called the police and animal control and they gave us the "It's not our problem, check the shelter" crap. =[ Always is really upsetting to lose a dog especially when its at the hands of someone else. Even worse though is some areas just don't care. A month later we were robbed, police said it was probably the people who stole our dog. It was kind of like gee, and you did nothing about it... Hopefully for people in other areas, if this happens to you, you'll get better results.
[notify]
Dunlop

Dunlop-named for- the rider not- the tyer

Barked: Thu Nov 17, '11 9:35pm PST 
Just a heads up, two AmStaff crosses where stolen out of their yard in Cardiff South, NSW Australia a few weeks ago. Friendly as all get out, a year old max. A few country based people have mentioned other similar cases out west where pig dogs and similar are going missing. The suspicion is dog fighting rings and other hunting types. Shame the police can't crack down on the fighting rings and get the dogs back but after a few drive by shooting's in Sydney they have other issues on their hands.
[notify]

Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Thu Nov 17, '11 11:56pm PST 
Dunlop that is very scary. I bet bikies did it. Someone I worked with tied her blue staffy out the front of a store and a bikie came along and cut the chain and took it - she never saw it again. It was an expensive dog sure but given the breed and who took it I have to think fighting.

I don't think the cops will ever crack down on it here like they do in the states unfortunately. frown
[notify]
  (Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 34)  
1  2  3  4