GO!

how often should I replace collars?

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 26)  
1  2  3  
Titus

Cave canis- vigilo omnis

Barked: Thu Jul 1, '10 9:02pm PST 
Mikey, one word: carabiner. I used to be a normal person; buy a collar leave it on the dog 'til it's worn out, then buy a new one and spend an hour cussing and tearing up my hands transferring the tags confused...

Now I have all the tags on a small, 1.5" screw-style carabiner (or an S-biner), and I can switch things around whenever I like - if I want to wash a collar, they have a spare (or two red face) to wear. REI, Whole Earth, or any "outdoors/camping" type store will have them.

Like I said, I used to be a normal person; now I spend an embarrassing amount of time drooling over collars on the internet. *eye roll*
[notify]
Drover- Deputy Of- Security

Mr. Pudge

Barked: Fri Jul 2, '10 1:50pm PST 
titus- dont worrysmile i spent THREE HOURS looking at websites on the internet only to get drover a collar at the local store. it is a two inch wide camo collar, and he looks pretty snazzy in itsmile
[notify]
Ava, NTD

Miss Ava Roo

Barked: Fri Jul 2, '10 1:59pm PST 
Oooh, for the tag holders, I bought something else on etsy that's perfect for them xD Its like a mini-collar made of nylon with tiny tiny snaps that's just made to be big enough to go around the dog's actual collar. Ava's is, of course, pink red face And its perfect, really. Its the first time that I've found something that actually holds her tags so that the pretty one stays face-out all the time, plus I can snap it on and off in a jiffy to go between her collar, martingale, harness, or new easy-walk harness. Its perfect way to go
[notify]

Tetsuya

I'm a snuggly- boy!

Barked: Tue Apr 24, '12 9:55pm PST 
I know this is an old thread, but I have been debating on whether or not to buy new collar and leash sets for Tetsuya and Deshi. Their current set I still like (from Bark and Giggle Boutique) and they've only had them a year. But, I have been eyeballing collar and leash sets from K-nine Couture. I can't decide though!
[notify]
Isabelle

Tougher than I- look!! :)

Barked: Thu Apr 26, '12 9:23am PST 
Lots of us have wardrobes of collars, harnesses, and leashes! I have a step-in harness for summer and a pretty faux fur-lined vest harness for winter, and several leashes, and Momma's thinking of getting me a new pink one! She has an Ultimate Leash (ultimateleash.com) for each of us, except me, so she's thinking of sending for one.

We're all going to be getting new collars to wear our tags on, too!
[notify]
Tetsuya

I'm a snuggly- boy!

Barked: Sat Apr 28, '12 9:57pm PST 
Isabelle, sounds like you are one fashionable pooch! big grin
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 26)  
1  2  3