GO!

Doggie Daycare

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

Jamba Cope

Celebrate life!

Barked: Tue Jun 14, '05 3:19pm PST 
I'm wondering if there are any in Southern CA... and who actually brings their dogs to one- what goes on? I'm trying to find one for Jamba so he's not home alone when I'm at work...
[notify]
Sterling

Yes, I am the- Center of the- Universe

Barked: Tue Jun 14, '05 11:44pm PST 
Hey Jamba!
There are LOTS of doggie daycares in the LA area. I know there are at least a couple of good ones in the Valley too ... one's in Studio City, and the other's in Chatsworth, I think. I don't know how much they cost. There are lots of others "over the hill, " in West LA and Hollywood.

I don't go to daycare, since I go to work with Mom -- but Mom has lots of friends who send their dogs to daycare ... and they only have really, really good things to say about it!
[notify]
Dolly

Doxie By- Association

Barked: Wed Jun 15, '05 6:23am PST 
Hey Jamba!

I don't live in California, but I do have a suggestion on daycare for you. Make sure you do your research! My Mommy works at a Doggie Daycare, and I know there are several daycares near where we live and believe it or not, there are some that keep all the puppies chained up all day except to go potty! Can you imagine that? So I suggest you tell your mommy that you want to visit a couple before you decide on a permanent daycare. Plus sometimes you might run into a problem with bullies at one daycare, but have no problems at another....
[notify]

Jamba Cope

Celebrate life!

Barked: Wed Jun 15, '05 9:35am PST 
Sterling-

Please ask your mommy where the doggie day care in Chatsworth is... I go to work with my mom too (but only sometimes because she usually has meetings throughout the day and can't really take care of me)... My mom and dad are just considering it as an option since they feel bad leaving me at home all alone... and yes, they will definitely do their research.
[notify]