GO!

I really want a dog

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2  
Xena

lets cuddle!

Barked: Sat Jun 11, '05 10:07am PST 
i have fur! how could i shed a lot if i didnt have a lot of fur. we are just shorthaired, tiny dogs and mommy loves me !
[notify]
Noid

Naked Noid

Barked: Sat Jun 11, '05 12:35pm PST 
Hey thanks Marlowe, my mommy says your a very handsome boy yourself. She likes the toilet bowl pic, thought it was funny, I can't reach, is it as refreshing as I hear???
[notify]
Pock

Always bite off- more than you- can chew!

Barked: Mon Jun 13, '05 9:37am PST 
Ridgebacks are shedders. I'm a mix and i shed like crazy. My mom has to clean (mop, sweep, vaccum sweat and sneeze) every single day to keep up with my hairy-self.

Maybe the thai ridgies, which are black, don't shed?

Tis the season for shedding tho.
[notify]

Tama

Fashion- my- Passion

Barked: Mon Jun 13, '05 10:12am PST 
Your Dad is not allergic to the fur of a dog. It’s the dander of the dog that people are allergic to. My boyfriend has sever asthma and is allergic to dog and cat dander. He lives here with my Mom, sister and I. He also lives with our 5 dogs and 8 cats in the house. We have three air filters, vacuum twice a week and we steam vacuum our carpet once a month. It is best if you have hardwood floors for people with asthma and allergies, no matter how sever. Never get a plush carpet if you have asthma or allergies. It is the worst thing you can get as flooring. It constantly sheds and is in the air. We made the mistake of getting a plush carpet when we replaced our floors. This is a fact because I was in an Interior Design class and we went on a field trip to a flooring place for our unit on the different kinds of flooring and their purposes. If he has an allergy medicine it shouldn’t be too bad.
My mom thought she was allergic to cats for the longest time. We always have had cats and they were indoor/out door cats. Once we got our current cats we made them strictly indoor cats and she though she would be miserable but she wasn’t. We found out she wasn’t allergic to the dander, but the dust, mold, and pollen that their fur picked up and brought into the house. The dogs do bother her allergies, since they go outside to use the restroom. I recommend a small dog, so there are fewer amounts of shedding and tracking in pollen and dust. If your Dad is also allergic to pollen, dust, or mold his allergies can be aggravated by a dog. If he hasn’t had an allergy test to positively test if he is allergic to dogs he should get one because it can turn out to be the same thing as my mom.
[notify]
Marlowe CGC

Monk the Hunk

Barked: Mon Jun 13, '05 11:34am PST 
Hey Noid, thanks....that was my first trip into the bowl........I was so excited I finally figured it our, I stuck my head all the way in.
[notify]
Marlowe CGC

Monk the Hunk

Barked: Mon Jun 13, '05 11:38am PST 
Mom punches those buttons too fast sometimes. Noid, the toilet water isn't all it's cracked up to be....we now have one of those filtered continuos flowing bowls and it's much better. I only use the toilet now if I'm rushing past the room and thirsty right then and there.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2