GO!

Dogster IT Department, you're fired!

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  
"Rusty the Terrible"

Annandale,VA

Barked: Thu Jun 9, '05 4:32pm PST 
Beginning to look like this site was launched too early.....
[notify]
Shakespeare

Bringin' Sexy- Back!

Barked: Thu Jun 9, '05 5:17pm PST 
sigh... i was so bored for the last hour of work with no dogster!
[notify]
AJ (5/25/98 - 7/27/09)

Barked: Thu Jun 9, '05 5:46pm PST 
Rusty, are you really serious?

I, for one, think dogster staff is doing a wonderful job.. especially starting from "bare bones" so to speak.
[notify]

Keiko- (4/8/98-12/5- /12)

Queen fuddy- duddy

Barked: Thu Jun 9, '05 6:17pm PST 
I agree, this site has alot of options, and nothing ever works perfectly. A quirk here and there is not something that bothers me too seriously, although like Shakes, I was a bit bored for awhile.
[notify]
Indiana- Jones

Car?! Did you- say car?!

Barked: Thu Jun 9, '05 6:30pm PST 
It would be nice to be able to go back and edit or delete your post.
[notify]
Snowy

A Doggie Scholar

Barked: Thu Jun 9, '05 6:39pm PST 
Relax doggies. I think Rusty is just cracking a joke...
[notify]
AJ (5/25/98 - 7/27/09)

Barked: Thu Jun 9, '05 6:48pm PST 
Snowy, you may be right, but I just find it odd that someone who has just joined a website would post such a topic and a message.

Maybe when Rusty is here longer, he will discover that this is absolutely one of the best doggy places and that staff tries so hard to answer our requests as soon as possible. After all, it was just a matter of days ago that Dogster was able to finally move into an office instead of working from home.
[notify]
"Rusty the Terrible"

Annandale,VA

Barked: Thu Jun 9, '05 7:07pm PST 
Part joke, part truth.

I don't want them fired and they have my support but, I've run into many errors... I come from a beta testing background and I am all too familiar with products that go to market too early....
Now relax and go vote for "Rusty the Terrible"

Peace
[notify]
Sara

Got Bread?

Barked: Thu Jun 9, '05 7:44pm PST 
geez Rusty since you come from that background you'd think you'd be a bit nicer to the folks at Dogster - I also come from an IT background and would never think to post something like that - esp. being the first post....first impressions do last yanno wink

Remember, this site is completely free - so until you can find another place that is cheaper, I'd think before you bark next time smile
[notify]
AJ (5/25/98 - 7/27/09)

Barked: Thu Jun 9, '05 7:49pm PST 
The forums are still in beta.. the site has been built from the "ground up" and is still being built. Ted Rheingold started this site on his own for folks who love dogs. It's a free site and as more sponsors are added, there will be more money to make it all run smoother.

Forpetesake, they won the 2005 Webby and the site is only just over a year old and they already have 83,739 dogs. Like I already mentioned, it's free (and I see that you are using Rusty's page to advertise your private business). You've only been on the site for two days, give them a break. If you find an error, email Ted and tell him where the error is located, but for heaven's sake, don't come into forums and complain, instead of contacting staff and alerting them to the problem[s].

If I sound a bit cranky, maybe I am, because I just find it offensive that someone would join a free (and fairly new) website and then start complaining about it after only a day or two.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4