GO!

Stripping

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Maxemilian

It's a Schnauzer- thing....

Barked: Mon Sep 15, '08 10:30am PST 
Hello Cody,
I handstrip my Maxemilian and I love how he looks , I do not show my dog, but I just love it and he, like all my dogs loves being taken care of. I think Rudy said almost everything there is to say. And thanks Rudy for not taking sides in it. Lots of people do not know the diffrens between stripping and plucking or Carding. So they thinks it hurts the dog. So feel Rudy did a very good job in how she put it. cheer cheerhamster dance
I just started to do my new dog Kate I do not Stripp her but I card all the undercoat out and I hope it will improve her coat a bit. She was never groomed before we got her so it is all new to her and her coat is very soft and she has curls in it as well.. I think it does not matter what you do as long as you love doing it and you love looking at your dog. Woof woof.. Max
[notify]
Rudi

Master of the- Grumble...

Barked: Mon Sep 15, '08 6:57pm PST 
Hi there! Saw your post on the stripping - thanks for the kind words. It's so refreshing & means a lot. cloud 9 There are so many opinions on so many things from coat stripping to ear cropping it's crazy. I even had someone come up to me while we were vacationing in Germany and tell me I was cruel & inhumane and that I should be reported because Rudi's tail was docked! (if they only knew how cherished Rudi is...) Docking tails is no longer practiced there - they all have natural tails - but no need to make a spectacle on the street! naughty I'm a first time dog owner and have gotten so many "words of advice" from so many people on how to do things "properly" it makes me sick. I do my best to keep Rudi happy and healthy - period. way to go I think that's really all that matters. Hats off to you applause Your dogs look absolutely fantastic! So the stripping is definitely working for you. I can't even get Rudi to hold still blue dog to do a decent brushing! Best Wishes...
[notify]
Sandy

pet me, not- Maxx!

Barked: Tue Sep 16, '08 1:08pm PST 
I think tail and ear cutting is silly but the person who accosted you on the street was displaying ignorance -- unless you know the breeder, you have no control over the tail docking, as it is done before pups leave their mothers. Ear cropping would be done later, so unless you adopt an older dog, you have a say in this. I was pleased both my rescue schnauzers have their natural ears, but I would love them no less if they did not.
[notify]

Beans

The Bean Machine

Barked: Tue Sep 30, '08 5:12pm PST 
I think a stripped coat is nice, it repels water in the winter and give them a nice insulation in the cold or the heat.

I really like the cropped ears and docked tail. I have one with natural ears, but her head would be a lot prettier with them cropped - she doesn't have the greatest ears.

http://miniatureschnauzersrule.blogspot.com/
[notify]
Lexi

I wag my tail- and not my- tongue

Barked: Sun Oct 19, '08 6:59am PST 
I think stripping the coat looks far nicer than the clipped result but Lexi is clipped for convenience (I don't think she would stand still long enough to be stripped)Her tail is docked but it is no longer allowed in the UK my personal preference is a docked tail I do not like ear cropping though even though Lexi's ears don't conform to breed standard as they are sticky up but she is thoroughly gorgeous to us
[notify]