GO!

Color?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Lucky

Barked: Wed Jun 4, '08 7:01pm PST 
Has anyone ever heard of a "Blue" colored Mini Schnauzer? I've been told by my groomer and the breeder I bought my dog from, That he is "Blue". Please help!
[notify]
Uschi

Can I fit my- head through- that?

Barked: Sun Jun 8, '08 7:54pm PST 
I've heard of, and though I don't like it, seen many different colors of Schnauzer. There are only three proper colors as far as I know, black, salt and pepper, and black and silver (I might be mistaken about this last one, but I know there are three).

The thing is that once you start shaving a Schnauzer there's no telling what color it might end up. Salt and pepper ones can become all sorts of gray and silver while black ones I think often end up with hits of red or gray.

I also know there are some breeders, though I don't know how good they are (I've seen pictures of what they're breeding and there's something very off about the dogs based on what little I know) and they've got all sorts of crazy colors going on like tan, cream, black and white, brown, brown and white, white, red and I think a few other odd ones. I don't know if these people are breeding the right way though, they might just be looking to make dogs that look nice enough to sell without really caring for if the dogs are quality animals or not.

To me a 'blue' dog sounds like the result of the color of the coat after shaving since it brings all sorts of hues that aren't visible otherwise.
[notify]
Hemi

Magnum Force

Barked: Wed Jun 11, '08 4:45pm PST 
You're right Uschi...
There are actually only 3 colors that are 'recognised"...
Salt/Pepper, Black, and Black/Silver .
In the European countries White is also accepted.
I have never heard of a "blue" ???
[notify]

~*Bubble*~

Barked: Sat Jun 28, '08 11:26am PST 
blue?bubble never knows about blue schnauzer,even my mummy
bubble just saw pure white schnauzer before...
but mummy said iz not a "recognize" color...shrug
[notify]
Maddie Lou Lou

Barked: Wed Jul 9, '08 7:32pm PST 
oh my! i have never seen blue come out of even a black schnauzer but if you can do a family history on your dog you may be able to figure it out. Take care !
[notify]
Maxemilian

It's a Schnauzer- thing....

Barked: Thu Jul 10, '08 9:36am PST 
Hello there,

now there are 4 colors as far as I now.. White is now registraded as well. Well depending on the country your are in. Blue is not used for Schnauzers the color is used for Poodle if they are very deep black. blue dog blue dog blue dog
[notify]
Jack

Barked: Fri Jul 25, '08 4:20pm PST 
My Jack had a steelblue color when he was one year old . Now he is almost two he has lighten up to almost silver gray ........ Is that nomal?
[notify]
Scooby

nino

Barked: Sat Jul 26, '08 4:55pm PST 
I have never heard of a blue, I know the only one's recognize it's black, silver, salt and pepper.
[notify]
Uschi

Can I fit my- head through- that?

Barked: Sat Jul 26, '08 5:44pm PST 
I just thought of something that might account for some of the odd colors/color changes people are seeing in their schnauzers. When you shave a schnauzer it can change the color and texture of their fur. It has something to do with the different layers of fur they have and how individual hairs may have bands of different colors, depending on the coat color.
[notify]
Lady

Its all good

Barked: Fri Aug 8, '08 4:43pm PST 
He looks black to us, right Mom? And quite a cutie too. I am 11 yrs old and my fur has gone through some changes since i was a pup, getting a little gray now but Im still considered black
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2