GO!

Question about walks

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Uschi

Can I fit my- head through- that?

Barked: Mon Mar 31, '08 7:11am PST 
How long a distance can a Miniature Schnauzer walk comfortably? So far we've gone about four miles in a day, probably a little under, but we've never gone more than a mile in one go. I like to take very long walks, but I don't want to take my Uschi along unless I'm sure she'll be comfortable. She's still just a puppy, not even a year old yet, but she has lots of energy and loves to be outside.
[notify]
Sasha

I just wanna- cuddle!!!

Barked: Wed Apr 16, '08 2:10pm PST 
I would watch and see how far that she is comfortable. If you will watch them they will tell you everything that you need to know!!!
Sasha and Mom, Alishadancing
[notify]
Maxemilian

It's a Schnauzer- thing....

Barked: Mon Apr 28, '08 3:04pm PST 
It is diffrent from dog to dog.. We take our Schnauzer for very long day hikes. 20km.. Also my husband works outside Maxemilian is all day long with him . Schnauzers are very hardy dogs and can go for ever. If you want to go every day for long walks you need to make your dog use to it. ( he needs to build up muscels just like any human. way to go snoopy happy dance
[notify]

Maxx

sugar and- pepper!

Barked: Thu May 8, '08 8:36am PST 
When I am too hot and tired to walk, I sit down and refuse to move and my human has to carry me home! I did this in July on a walk I can usually get though with no problem. During the summer I need shorter walks.
[notify]