GO!

I lovvvvveeee to bite!

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Shanobie

Obi Wan ..- master of the- growl!!!!!!

Barked: Tue Mar 4, '08 7:08am PST 
I love to bite everything. I know that I'm a puppy and teething.. but Shouldn't I remember not to bite anymore when I am scolded? Please help mommy figure me out.
[notify]
Dudley

The- Anonyshcnauzer- of Leap

Barked: Sun Mar 9, '08 8:19pm PST 
LOL sometimes!! You just need some nice tough toys that are okay to bite on, and mom just needs to keep correcting you of things not to bite. You'll figure it out!!!

Good Luck
[notify]
Rhett

Barked: Wed Mar 12, '08 6:29pm PST 
If Shanobie is biting and growling a lot you should probably seek a trainer to help you establish some leadership. Shanobie will be much happier in the long run for it and it's easier to establish these things while they are still young instead of waiting until the situation becomes even more unacceptable as they get older. Your right, teething is no excuse for biting you. Make sure Shanobie has plenty of hard toys to chew on. I like to use horns, raw bones, or bully sticks for teething pups. Don't let Shanobie even play bite as it sets them up to think it is ok to bite as they get older and it's not so fun anymore.
Hope this helps! Be a good puppy Shanobie!!!!
[notify]

Hemi

Magnum Force

Barked: Mon Mar 17, '08 5:36pm PST 
Another great thing to give your new baby to chew is a facecloth that has been soaked in water, rung out and then put into the freezer until it's solid.
It also serves to helps their gums.

Good luck, but it's a must to curb the biting at an early age.
[notify]
Bubba

Bubba the Beast

Barked: Sun Mar 30, '08 8:30am PST 
Bubba is 12 wks. We have bought numerous chew toys..he has settled on a flip flop he found in my closet..go figure. They seem to be great pals and he drags it everywhere. Oh he still loves the taste of human toes, his favorite. laugh out loud

Edited by author Sun Mar 30, '08 8:32am PST

[notify]
Nundu

chewing is my- life.

Barked: Tue Apr 8, '08 8:50pm PST 
Nundu LOVES to chew EVERYTHING he can and when we first got him (3 days ago) he chewed on hands and feet as well. what worked for us is we yelled "ow!" everytime he touched us with his teeth and that had stopped him so far. now he just chews everything BUT us.
[notify]
~*Bubble*~

Barked: Sat Jun 28, '08 11:34am PST 
well, i know that i have toys and i should not bite mummy's stuff...but i do loves mummy's sock...once mummy called my name while the socks is in my mouth i know i should let it go...but not before mummy raise her hand up to scare me...even mummy don't know how to stop me from this habits...shrug
[notify]