GO!

I like to growl @ Mommy

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Shanobie

Obi Wan ..- master of the- growl!!!!!!

Barked: Tue Mar 4, '08 7:06am PST 
Why does my Shanobie growl all the time. If he gets spooked he growls.. if he is being told a command he growls. If theres a loud noise he growls. Is he just being alert or being fussy.?
[notify]
Lexi

Where's my- mother!!!!!!!!!!- !!

Barked: Tue Mar 4, '08 8:06pm PST 
I don't know why he growls, but my Mini Schnauzer Doc does too. Mostly when I pick him up or kiss the top of his head. He is 7 1/2 yrs old, and I adopted him a couple of months ago. Poor guy, he was discarded by his owner after all those years. We give him lots of love, but still is a little growler.
[notify]
Rhett

Barked: Tue Mar 11, '08 1:30pm PST 
Growling usually means they are protesting. It really depends on the situation they are growling at. Minis tend to be ten feet tall and bullet proof in personality. They are very much a terrier type additude. In the case where the dog is growling when you go to pick them up, they are protesting being picked up. These guys are small but they love to intimidate and people are pretty easy to intimidate with a growl. Don't let your dog growl at you, this is call for correction. Each time you go to pick them up and they growl tell them "NO" in a stern voice and pick them up anyways. Unless you feel the dog is going to bite you, the more you do this the more they will become accustumed to being pick up and not growling about it. Minis can and will manipulate their surroundings, people included.
[notify]