GO!

Those darn allergies

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Abby Gail

Barked: Sun Apr 25, '10 7:33am PST 
I'm trying to figure out what in my home I can change to help with Abby's allergies. Her condition is not as serious as many but never the less, it irritates her (sneezing, coughing, scratching). I won't allow her on any type of steroid (she recently had her gall bladder out and has a compromised liver). She was on Atopica for 3 years before the gall bladder issue and I'm getting conflicting answers from the vet and dermatologist as to whether Atopica is safe to continue for her liver. The vet says no and recommended Temeril P and the derm who has been using Atopica for over 10 years says it's safer than any type of steroid (which she uses on some her patients also). Was wondering there was anyway I could control it by making our environment more allergy friendly. I don't suffer from allergies myself so I don't know a lot about it.
What to do?
[notify]