GO!

Can I go Mountain Biking with Mom?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Nikko

Barked: Tue Jul 21, '09 2:40pm PST 
Hi! Nikko is a new addition to our home and we have never had such a small dog before. We live in the mountains of Colorado and have great hiking and biking trails right next to our house. Recently Nikko showed an interest in mountain biking with me so I took her for a short ride in the hills-she loved it! She was never "running" but more prancing along beside the bike on a leash. I think we rode for about three miles in all and she still wasn't tired when we got home!

Do any of you ride/run with your min pins? Is it safe? If so, how far can they go and at what age did you start? Nikko is 9 months old and ready to go again but I want to make sure it is okay first. Thanks!
[notify]