GO!

Anyone else CONSTANTLY mistaken for a chi?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Shady

I'm a blanket- hogger!

Barked: Mon Mar 19, '07 11:01am PST 
I have had Shady for 3 years now, and every time I take him to my dad's house, I have to argue with him about whether Shady is a minpin or a chihuahua... And my dad is not the only one who won't believe me. Granted, we live in KY, but don't people think that I know what kind of dog I have? I always get the "overgrown mouse" comment too. Anyone else have this problem? Not a big deal, but annoying none the less.
[notify]
Charlie

Charles in- Charge here!!

Barked: Mon Mar 19, '07 11:14am PST 
Whenever Charlie and I go for a walk everyone always says , AWW what is he? A Chi?? And then I saw no a minichure pincher and they say oh so he's a baby still then, he does kinda look like a doberman. lol yup i know exactly what you mean.
[notify]
♥- Crazy Daisy- ♥

The Craaazy Min- Pin

Barked: Mon Mar 19, '07 2:17pm PST 
I've never been mistaken for a Chi, though my late sister, Lilly, was! Grandpa found her near his construction site (she was a stray) and called up Mom and Grandma saying that there was a dog that resembled a Chihuahua hanging around and wanted to know if we wanted her. When we came to see her, mom said, "Daddy, how can you possibly mistake her for a Chihuahua? That's a MIN PIN." laugh out loud

I think part of the reason I've never been mistaken for a Chi is because Chico (my Chi brother) and I often go places together. When people see the two of us standing together, it's quite obvious we're not the same breed. BOL. So, we usually just get the question of, "Aaaaw. She's so cute! What is she?" Not that I blame them for not knowing what I am. Min Pins aren't that commonly seen around here. There's like...only one breeder for them in our area. laugh out loud
[notify]

Zelda

I solemnly swear- that I'm up to- no good

Barked: Mon Mar 19, '07 9:27pm PST 
Yes, and I hate it! The only thing I hate more is when people refer to me as a Mini Doberman! Mommy always points out that Min Pins were around long before Dobies. She also points out that Chihuahuas don't have the legs that I have!! I have long lovely stems!

dog
[notify]
Logan

Menace on four- legs

Barked: Tue Mar 20, '07 9:17am PST 
The same things happens to us!!!! Mom gets so mad..okay , I have kind of short stumpy muscular legs (Cookie has long skinny legs) but I dont have a Chi head or eyes! and people also ask if we are mini-dobermans.and when mom says were are not they dont believe her!
shrug
[notify]
Zelda

I solemnly swear- that I'm up to- no good

Barked: Sat Mar 24, '07 7:16pm PST 
Nice teeth, Logan!! way to go
[notify]
Rocky

what is yours is- MINE

Barked: Tue Mar 27, '07 9:23am PST 
I get the Chi thing and the mini dobie thing alllllll the time!
I am a smaller min pin I only weigh in at 5 lbs soooo I get it alot.
[notify]
Baxter Jack

In my eyes they- puppies forever

Barked: Sat Mar 31, '07 9:18am PST 
thats weird guys, min pins and chi's look really different. i spose you have to know your dog breeds to be able to tell the difference.
[notify]
Chaz

To Know Me is to- Love Me

Barked: Sun Apr 1, '07 3:22pm PST 
I get the chi comment sometimes but I don't know why cuz my legs are way too long to be a chi! BOL! My sister is a full min pin and everyone seems to know she is a min pin or the fictitious "min dobie" laugh out loud
[notify]
Prissy N- Haliey In my- Heart F

That's Mine

Barked: Fri Apr 6, '07 7:56pm PST 
Oh Yes!!!! My mom got me a shirt from the IMPS website that say's "I'm not a freakin Chi" I love it. The other day a lady thought I was even after reading my shirt eekeekbig laughbig laugh
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3