GO!

Bananas

This is the place to share your best homemade dog food and treat recipes with each other! Remember to use caution if your pet has allergies and to make any diet changes gradually so that your dog's stomach can adjust to the new foods you are introducing.

Charlie

Barked: Fri Jun 22, '12 5:42pm PST 
I was given a big box of bananas that need used now. I read it is ok for dogs but they give me a funny look when I tried to get them to eat it. Any ideas how too use it in a recipe that the dogs will eat.
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Fri Jun 22, '12 5:53pm PST 
You could try mashing them up with plain yogurt and freezing it as a summer treat.

Edited by author Fri Jun 22, '12 5:59pm PST

[notify]
Charlie

Barked: Fri Jun 22, '12 6:09pm PST 
Onyx what a simple good idea thanks I will try that. I wish we had like buttons on dogster like they do on facebook.
[notify]

Farley

Farlekiin the- Dragonborn

Barked: Sat Jun 23, '12 12:21am PST 
There's always homemade banana bread (for the humans)! big grin

I remember reading in an older scientific study that out of a bunch of foods fed to dogs, banana was the least digestible laugh out loud

Anyway, Farley loves banana and would probably eat the whole darn box at once, but I really like Onyx's idea for the banana/yogurt treats puppy
[notify]
Ranger

Pay attention to- me!

Barked: Fri Jun 29, '12 7:51am PST 
My puppy did not digest bananas well so I wouldn't give him too much.
[notify]
Willie

Furever Baby

Barked: Sat Jun 30, '12 12:50am PST 
Willie LOVES bananas! I always have to give him a chunk when I have one. Seela my GSD looks at me like I'm crazy if I try to give her a piece, like I am trying to poison her. I did see a few recipes for dog treats where they did add bananas. You can always freeze the bananas for banana bread later, yum.
[notify]
Boo- Bearing-Ton

Sooo FLUFFY!

Barked: Sat Jun 30, '12 10:15am PST 
Okay so I saw this post last night, and decided to try it
Boo loves going to the park with my sister and I but he is still a puppy and gets very tired on the way there so taking a snack that he could benefit from is amazing
I mashed up bannanas and mixed in plain yogurt then put them in to a cubed ice tray this evening we will be headed to the park to try this treat out!
So excited THANKS ONYX!
[notify]
Boo- Bearing-Ton

Sooo FLUFFY!

Barked: Sat Jun 30, '12 10:16am PST 
Okay so I saw this post last night, and decided to try it
Boo loves going to the park with my sister and I but he is still a puppy and gets very tired on the way there so taking a snack that he could benefit from is amazing
I mashed up bannanas and mixed in plain yogurt then put them in to a cubed ice tray this evening we will be headed to the park to try this treat out!
So excited THANKS ONYX!
[notify]
Tohbi - Deceased- 10/04/2013

Blue-Eyed Devil

Barked: Sat Jun 30, '12 7:04pm PST 
Bananas and tomatoes are the two foods that Tohbi hates so much he barks at them. Anything else is open season, though. Weird.
[notify]

Barked: Sat Sep 15, '12 5:54pm PST 
Try mashing them and give in small portions first. Then increase the amount if they can tolerate it. smile
[notify]