GO!

Dog Biscuit Recipe

This is the place to share your best homemade dog food and treat recipes with each other! Remember to use caution if your pet has allergies and to make any diet changes gradually so that your dog's stomach can adjust to the new foods you are introducing.

Little- Shannon

Little Big Stuff

Barked: Sun Oct 3, '10 12:22pm PST 
Does anyone have a simple recipe for dogs biscuits?
[notify]
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Sun Oct 3, '10 12:43pm PST 
Go visit the Trading Dog Goodies group Howard has set up. Better yet, join us! We share a ton of recipes there. Some are super easy & some take a bit more work, but all are delish.
[notify]
Milton

Im just a little- guy

Barked: Sun Oct 3, '10 6:19pm PST 
2 cups whole wheat
1 cup cornmeal
1/3 veg oil
1 egg
1 cup water

Preheat oven at 350...... Mix flower and corn meal together. Add other ingredients, make many substitutions and changes.

The amount of time for baking depends on the size, so watch them. I have made many different variations. I substitute the corn meal for cooked brown rice, the veg oil for olive oil and instead of a cup of water, make different sauces from meat and other stuff.
[notify]

Barked: Wed May 22, '13 2:12pm PST 
My favorite treat to make is Peanut Butter Banana for my dog. She really loves them and they are really easy to make. The plus is that I know exactly what is in them. I have begun making variations of this recipe every few weeks so we always have them on hand. They really are tasty, believe me I have had quite a few myself. The article uses everything organic, but I substitute with what I can find at the grocery as where I live we don't have all the fancy organic stuff ! I did buy the treat bads they suggest so that we can take little packs to our other dog friends ! Here is the link.

http://doghousedirect.com/sharable-peanut-butter-banana-organic- dog-cookies/
[notify]
Mervyn

Bigger is Better

Barked: Sun Jul 14, '13 1:20am PST 
Something Fishy

- 4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 6-ounce can skinless, boneless salmon, drained
- 4 tbsp dried dill weed
- 1/4 cup olive oil

1. Place all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly to combine.

2. Roll out dough on floured surface to about 1/4 inch thick. Using a cookie cutter, cut into fish shapes. Combine dough scraps and continue to roll out and cut into shapes until all dough has been used.

3. Place cookies on ungreased foil-lined baking sheets, and bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes. Turn off oven and let cookies dry in oven for 3 hours or overnight. Makes 5 to 6 dozen cookies.
[notify]
Ahmad

Mutts Do It- Better

Barked: Sun Jul 14, '13 3:43pm PST 
Chicken N' Rice Bones

- 1/4 cup vegetables oil
- 1/4 pound ground or minced chicken
- 1/4 cup minced celery
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 4 tbsp dried sage

1. Heat vegetable oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground chicken and celery and cook, stirring frequently, until meat is no longer pink, about 3 to 4 minutes.

2. Place cooked chicken and celery, including oil, in blender with chicken broth. Puree.

3. Combine flour, cooked rice, chicken puree, and sage in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly to combine.

4. Roll out dough on floured surface to about 1/4 inch thick. Using a cookie cutter, cut into bone shapes. Combine dough scraps and contue to roll out and cut into shapes until all dough has been used.

5. Place cookies on ungreased foil-lined baking sheets, and bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes. Turn off oven and let dry in oven for 3 hours or overnight. Makes about 5 to 6 dozen cookies.
[notify]
Chance

How You Doin'?

Barked: Mon Jul 15, '13 3:03pm PST 
Wrong thread! shrug

Edited by author Mon Jul 15, '13 3:04pm PST

[notify]
Darcy

Barked: Tue Jul 16, '13 2:17am PST 
There are tons of books you can buy with recipes. Here are a few of my favorites:

Peanut Butter, Carrot, and Wheat German Biscuits

- 1 cup unbleached flour
- ½ cup whole-wheat flour
- ½ cup unflavored wheat germ
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup unsalted natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup grated carrot
- ½ cup filtered water

1. Preheat the oven to 325F.
2. Measure the unbleached flour, whole-wheat flour, wheat germ, and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Whisk until combined.
3. Combine the peanut butter, carrot, and water in a glass-measuring cup. Stir with a fork until smooth and creamy.
4. Make a well in the flour, and pour in the peanut butter mixture. Mix on medium speed using a paddle attachment until combined.
5. Turn the dough out onto a slightly floured surface and gently knead until dough is smooth and still soft. Roll dough ¼ inch thick and cut biscuits into desired shapes with cookie cutters.
6. Place biscuits on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake 12 to 15 minutes until dry and firm to the touch. Turn the oven off and leave biscuits in another 20 to 30 minutes. Remove them from the oven, cool them on a baking rack, and store them in a cookie tin.

This is Darcy’s favorite recipe!

Banana Cinnamon Biscuits

- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 ripe banana
- ¼ cup natural unsalted peanut butter
- ¼ cup grated carrot
- ½ cup filtered water

2. Measure the unbleached flour, whole-wheat flour, baking powder, and cinnamon into a mixing bowl. Whisk until combined.
3. Combine the mashed banana, peanut butter, carrot, and water in a glass-measuring cup. Stir with a fork till smooth and creamy.
4. Make a well in the flour, and pour in the banana-peanut butter mixture. Mix on medium speed using a paddle attachment until combined.
5. Turn the dough out onto a slightly floured surface and gently knead until dough is smooth and still soft. Roll the dough ¼ inch thick and cut the biscuits into desired shapes with cookie cutters.
6. Place the biscuits on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes till dry and firm to the touch. Turn the oven off and leave biscuits in another 20 to 30 minutes. Remove them from the oven, cool them on a baking rack, and store them in a cookie tin.

Barbequed Chicken in a Biscuit

- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 chicken breast
- 2 tsp virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp barbecue sauce
- ½ cup organic free-range chicken broth
- 4 tbsp canola oil

2. Measure the flour, oats, and baking powder into a mixing bowl and whisk together.
3. Heat a grill pan over medium heat. Toss the sliced chicken breast in the virgin olive oil and place on the hot grill. Cook chicken on both sides. Remove the chicken to a plate and toss with 1-tablespoon barbecue sauce. Allow cooling.
4. Pour the chicken broth into the grill pan and scrape up the brown bits. Transfer liquid into a glass-measuring cup. Add the canola oil. Pulse the chicken in a good processor. Add the coursing chopped chicken to the broth and stir.
5. Make a well in the flour, and pour in the chicken mixture. Mix on medium speed using a paddle attachment until combined.
6. Turn the dough out onto a slightly floured surface and gently knead. Roll the dough until it is ¼ inch thick; cut the biscuits into desired shapes with cookie cutters.
7. Place the biscuits on a parchment-lined cookie sheets and bake 12 to 15 minutes.
8. Remove the cookie sheet from the oven, and baste the biscuits with the remaining tablespoon of barbecue sauce. Turn the oven off and leave the biscuits in another 20 to 30 minutes. Remove them from oven, cool them on a baking rack, and store them in a cookie tin. Keep refrigerated, and use the biscuits within one week.

How is this the wrong thread?
[notify]
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Tue Jul 16, '13 6:20pm PST 
Chance edited her post. I think she posted in the wrong place, then realized it.laugh out loud
[notify]