GO!

Is oatmeal safe for dogs?

This is the place to share your best homemade dog food and treat recipes with each other! Remember to use caution if your pet has allergies and to make any diet changes gradually so that your dog's stomach can adjust to the new foods you are introducing.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Daisy

throw the- ball!!!!- PLEASE!!!

Barked: Wed Feb 20, '08 9:37pm PST 
I have some sugar free oatmeal, flavored, and I was wondering if it was safe for dogs. Maybe I could add it to a cookie recipe, or feed it straight as a treat? They do need more fiber (bad ags) and I know oatmeal is high in fiber,,,and sugar free......

anyone know?
[notify]
Leo

POOP MACHINE!

Barked: Wed Feb 20, '08 9:48pm PST 
Old-fashioned rolled oats that come in a Quaker cardboard can are fine, but definitely NOT sugar-free anything for dogs. I'm assuming you mean the flavored oatmeal packages with aspartame and splenda, and those are definitely not safe.

We feed leo regular oatmeal all the time.
[notify]
Duke "Blue- Devil" Ford

I'm too cute for- myself

Barked: Thu Feb 21, '08 4:28am PST 
Old fashion rolled oats that come in the card board tube thing are great for dogs but not the flavored, sugar free stuff.
[notify]

Forever Franklin

Where lost hope- is found, I am- there...

Barked: Thu Feb 21, '08 6:48am PST 
Momma feeds me the Gerber baby oatmeal!
[notify]
Lou-Lou- Noelle

*~ Burnin Up~*

Barked: Thu Feb 21, '08 6:56am PST 
yes it is mommy eats oatmeal and she jets us have just a few spoonfuls and we love it considerin im very VERY pickey!cheer
[notify]
Abby

Being sassy is- my profession.

Barked: Fri Feb 22, '08 4:46am PST 
Yessss Abby loves oatmeal!

I have a great recipe for it, too. Take real, rolled oats plain oatmeal and cook it. Then add plain yogurt, smushed bananas, and peanut butter.

Yummy for puppies AND people!! snoopy
[notify]
Izabella- Scout

GO ORANGE FOR- ANIMALS 2008

Barked: Fri Feb 22, '08 5:19am PST 
I gave Izzy some (not more than 2 TBS) oatmeal mixed in her kibble last night and she promptly threw it up all over the living room carpet! shock
At least there were no colors to stain anything!
She's had it before with no problems, so I think she got sick cause she hadn't eaten all day (spoiled brat... how dare I offer her only plain kibble!) and scarfed it down.
She loves it, so we may give it another shot but gated in the kitchen!
[notify]
Reesee

Did someone say- chicken?

Barked: Fri Feb 22, '08 7:01am PST 
Oatmeal is harmless to us, that is if it is unflavored!
The old fashioned rolled oats is safe to feed.
Whenever Mommy makes something, she sometimes uses rolled oats in my treats, and they're tasty... and healthy too!way to go
[notify]
quigley

wigley- quigley,the- quigster

Barked: Fri Feb 22, '08 10:20am PST 
I love my oats , mum has oats at breakfast and i always get a little bit too!
Very good as long as its not the ready flavoured sweetened stuff. You can put honey on it like my mum does, sometimes i get some of that too !!
dog
[notify]
Gabe the Dog

It's Gabe. Gabe- the Dog

Barked: Fri Feb 22, '08 10:39am PST 
yep, as everyone has already said the plain stuff is fine. Good source of fiber, so start with a little bit at a time. Gabe loves oatmeal, I occasionally use it in place of the rice or potatoes in his homemade meals
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3