GO!

PAINTING DOGS NAILS?

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your dog. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your dog's hygiene needs.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Bree

Back off girls,- Mr. Quincyno is- MINE!

Barked: Thu Sep 15, '05 6:59pm PST 
Heya guys! Hope everyone is doing good today! I have...well actually my mommy has a question. Is using nail polish on dogs ok to do? yes or no ? Mom has been painting my nails lately, but she isn't sure if it's safe or not. She uses natural nail polish remover when taing it off ( not toxic ) She also holds me in her lap when tehy are drying so I don't try and lick it. She asked the vet, and she said that she wasn't sure... help?!
If you would like to see some of mom's handy work with nail clippers, a file and nail polish, come check some of my newiest manicure pix! ( in my profile page! ) Let me know what you think! xoxo, Bree smile
[notify]
Cassie

SBRET Rocks!

Barked: Thu Sep 15, '05 8:12pm PST 
Cassie got her nails painted at a dog rescue fundraiser. They were using human nail polish & it never bothered Cassie. I don't see how it would cause a problem unless she chews or licks on her feet alot.
[notify]
Bree

Barked: Thu Sep 15, '05 8:55pm PST 
Cassie- Thaanx! Yeah she hasn't been "playing" with her nails, so she's good. Thanx for responding. And thanx for responding in a nice way! Someone ( not mentioning names ) was rude when they answered my post. They said to stop lol... and the funny think was that was the only person complaining. Hmmmpppfffhh! ( hehe ) xoxo, Bree smile Ps: She was prolly jelous...she ONLY wishes she could be as cute as me! Ha! smile
[notify]

Other posts by this user

Barked: Thu Sep 15, '05 8:57pm PST 
ok bree that is it this is were it belongs and no i am not jealous of how cute you are cause mommy says i and m sister are the cutestr dogs in the world so why do i really care!!
[notify]
Bree

Barked: Thu Sep 15, '05 9:05pm PST 
You are cute! lol....but how do you even know I was talking about you?
[notify]

Other posts by this user

Barked: Thu Sep 15, '05 9:17pm PST 
my mom can work the fill in blanks easiely and after u wrote the one thing it sorta gave it away did sum1 bark at u also if that was me i am a HE
[notify]
Guinivere

For Little Bit..- Die Cancer Die!

Barked: Thu Sep 15, '05 9:23pm PST 
I get my nails polished all the time. Today Mommy painted my nails pink and glued some rhinestones on then! I have every color pawlish OPI makes. Catalogs like Petedge sell pet nail polish that is quick drying. I like the OPI better even though it takes 2 coats because it doesnt come off in flakes like the quick drying stuff does. I dont chew my nails and I love to be pretty.
[notify]
Bree

Barked: Thu Sep 15, '05 9:26pm PST 
Wow Guinivere, you are SOO perdy!! I'll tell mom to get new polish there then thanx!! Muuwah! xoxo, Bree smile
[notify]

Other posts by this user

Barked: Fri Sep 16, '05 2:19pm PST 
k.........my aunt does that its not good when the dog retracts its nails the poison goes inside his body.
[notify]
Diesel

if i want it,- it's mine

Barked: Fri Sep 16, '05 3:04pm PST 
Magi dogs don't retract their nails, only cats can do that.

Bree- i use the pet nail pawlish the OPI makes on Diesel when i'm feeling wierd(or he bugs me! i'm so mean sometimes...painting a boy's nails)and it's perfectly safe.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2