GO!

Bad evil lady

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your dog. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your dog's hygiene needs.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 17)  
1  2  
Roman

The Snuggler

Barked: Wed Jul 3, '13 11:23pm PST 
My sisters dog will fight her every step of the way. He will even put up a fight if he's just going in for a 5 min nail trim. He is so scared that he will relieve himself, both urinate and eliminate waste as soon as he knows he is going. I wish I knew what to do or how to help him get over his fear.
[notify]
Hazel

Spoiled Little- Girl

Barked: Fri Jul 5, '13 5:36pm PST 
Sounds like he may have had a bad experience
[notify]
Hazel

Spoiled Little- Girl

Barked: Fri Jul 5, '13 5:36pm PST 
Sounds like he may have had a bad experience
[notify]

Barked: Mon Jul 8, '13 11:07pm PST 
The person who took this video is a real hero. Shame on the lady and the owner of fur kids. Just because one groomer is abusive doesn't mean all pet groomers are abusive. Do your research and find someone with a good reputation that you can trust.

Edited by author Mon Jul 8, '13 11:10pm PST

[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Tue Jul 9, '13 2:21am PST 
My sweet, loving Sabs went to a groomer once. My first clue should have been when she balked at the door. Off the wall behavior for a dog that cruised metal catwalks and climbed in and out of railway cars. All I wanted was a nail trim, not sure why. I guess I thought it would be a good experience for herlaugh out loud Second warning came when the lady approachedconfused My friendly, easy going dog dropped her head and did the 'don't do it' snarl, complete with raised hackles. Lady suggested we do back feet first. I had some misgivings but I shrugged it off naughty Sabs growled the whole time but stood still.
We took this as a good sign so the lady got brave and approached the front(that's the end with teeth). Sabi shook me off like a rag doll and went full on Cujo on this lady. I mean frothing at the mouth, eyes all red, air snapping, ears flat back. She definitely wasn't kidding around. I apologized and got the heck out, Sabs chilled the second we were out the door.
The moral of all of this? Do your research! In this province to be a dog groomer you need a business license. Sabi's pal had been around for 15 years but had been investigated several times for abuse. Fined a couple of times, even had her business license suspended. All I knew was she had been around for years. I shudder to think what might have happened had I just dropped her off.
[notify]
Roman

The Snuggler

Barked: Tue Jul 9, '13 10:10am PST 
My old dog used to go in for just nail clipping, I groomed her myself but she wouldn't let me touch her feet so it was a two person job... and I didn't have another person. They always did it right away and in front of me. She was good until one time she moved right as they were clipping and they got her quik. She bled a lot. After that she fought with me to go in. This is a really good groomers, there are windows looking into the grooming area and bathing area, it's pretty much fully open for the public to see. They are great with dogs and do great work (I took her there once to be groomed and she had a great experience, best dog of the day they said). But one little mishap ruined it all.

I feel that this is maybe what my sister could have thought when Zuko, her GSMD, started having a massive fear reaction to this place. Maybe a mishap with another dog even. I don't blame her for not thinking about her dog may have been abused, no one wants to think that way about their baby.
[notify]
Kali earned- her wings- 10/21/14

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Tue Jul 9, '13 5:44pm PST 
It's a shame that there are people like that out there. Why are they even in that business if they don't like dogs? I wanted to point out that it can happen at boarding kennels too. We all have to do our home work. We boarded a overly friendly Golden once. We realized after we picked him up that they beat him. I reported it and apparently there were other complaints and they were closed down. I felt like an unfit pet parent...red face cry I never boarded him again. frown
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 17)  
1  2