GO!

best moisturizing shampoo?

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your dog. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your dog's hygiene needs.

Cookie

the chi-weenie

Barked: Mon Jun 17, '13 8:20pm PST 
anyone have a good one they can rep? my dog has dry skin, not terribly bad, probably mostly from spending so much time indoors with the heater and ac year round.
I already use aloe and oatmeal, soap-less shampoos but they don't seem to help too much, I think their are mostly water and therefore not worth the price and don't do much for her skin.

I did come across this shampoo from Halo
Ingredients: Saponified Oils of Coconut, Olive and Jojoba, Tea Tree Oil, Rosemary Oil, Sage Oil Cedarwood Oil, Peppermint Oil, Sweet Orange Oil, Eucalyptus Oil, Pine Needle Oil, Aloe Vera, Rosemary Extract (as a preservative)

I like that it's oils, which are good for skin, but some of those ingredients sound like they are just there for the scent. I don't want to cause my dog an allergy or hurt her super sense of smell with unnecessary ingredients in products. but if anyone has used it, please let me know if it's any good.
[notify]
Lily

Woof!

Barked: Mon Jun 17, '13 8:59pm PST 
I like Tropiclean Papaya Plus 2 in 1 Shampoo. It's a shampoo and conditioner and it's soap free.
[notify]
Cookie

the chi-weenie

Barked: Wed Jun 19, '13 7:15am PST 
oh, I never imagined washing her in fruit laugh out loud i suppose coconut does have a lot of oil that is good for their skin. did you see an improvement in your dogs skin soon after using it? or have you always used it on them?
[notify]

Lily

Woof!

Barked: Wed Jun 19, '13 10:54am PST 
I switched because I wanted something more moisturizing and soap free. I used to use an oatmeal shampoo and sometimes it would dry out my dogs' skin and with the Tropiclean 2 in 1 their skin doesn't get died out after a bath. I think it having the added conditioner really makes a difference. Tropiclean also makes separate shampoos and a separate conditioner but I've only tried the 2 in 1 so far. The scent is not so light that you can't even smell it but it's not overpowering and does not have an artificial purfume smell. I the human am sensitive to smells and I get a headache from strong artificial purfume scents and I never have an issue with the Tropiclean scents, which to me is also a plus.

Edited by author Wed Jun 19, '13 11:12am PST

[notify]
Lily

Woof!

Barked: Wed Jun 19, '13 1:55pm PST 
Whoops, just noticed that my last post got cut off...
I also like that Tropiclean is made with natural ingredients, and here is the ingredient list for Tropiclean Papya Luxury 2 in 1 in case anyone was interested.

Ingredients:
Water, organic blend of (carica papaya (papaya) freit extract, aloe barbadensis (aloe) leaf extract, chamomilla recutitta (chamomile) flower extract, yucca schidigera (yucca) extract, actinidia chinensis (kiwi) fruit extract, mangifera indica (mango) fruit extract, mild coconut cleanser, parfum/fragrance, protein, vitamin E
[notify]
Cookie

the chi-weenie

Barked: Thu Jun 20, '13 7:25am PST 
thanks for the info! I am sensitive to strong perfume smells too, so that's good to hear.

I do wonder what the other dogsters use, keep posting guys :3
[notify]