GO!

Stinky Stinky Puppy!!

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your dog. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your dog's hygiene needs.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Scruffy- (R.I.P.)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Fri Oct 5, '12 6:08pm PST 
So Scruffy rolled in something horrid smelling and I gave him a bath but he still smells, just to a lesser extent. Any tips on how to destink him? The odor is very pungent and musky. I have no idea what he rolled in.
[notify]
Ch.- Rushwind's- She Who- Speaks

Thats Ms. Bitch- to you.

Barked: Fri Oct 5, '12 6:53pm PST 
Wash him in original Dawn dish soap.
[notify]
Scruffy- (R.I.P.)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Fri Oct 5, '12 7:33pm PST 
I washed him again with dish soap then used his two in one dog shampoo and conditioner and he STILL smells!! But he smells way less than previously. laugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loud
[notify]

Ch.- Rushwind's- She Who- Speaks

Thats Ms. Bitch- to you.

Barked: Sat Oct 6, '12 6:28am PST 
Haha, so he's a professional eh? That usually works, what the sam-hill did he roll in???
[notify]
Cookie

the chi-weenie

Barked: Sat Oct 6, '12 8:01am PST 
gee, he must have rolled in something really bad.
if you are scrubbing the day lights out of him, he should be smelling better. How long do you scrub him? how long do you let the soap sit before washing?
and wash his face too....
I catch my dog trying to roll in horrible things all the time, and she's very good as rubbing her neck/sides of face in it.
[notify]
Scruffy- (R.I.P.)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Sat Oct 6, '12 9:54am PST 
I wish I knew what he rolled in. Whatever it was, it was BAD!! I was dry heaving when I first smelled him. shock I'm wondering if it was fox pee. thinking At least now the stench has been subdued for the most part. I can still smell it if I go up and sniff his face and neck but at least now he isn't radiating the stink. laugh out loudlaugh out loud

Edited by author Sat Oct 6, '12 9:55am PST

[notify]
Lincoln

Huge heart, big- funny clown

Barked: Sun Oct 7, '12 5:10am PST 
thinking Try tomato juice,-- room temp., and straight from the container. Rub it All over him (down to his skin), let him keep it on about 3-5 min., then use the Dawn, or Conditioning dog shampoo. ( Do take precautions with his eyes and inner ears.) If it is "fox pee" it can't be any worse than Skunk pee! This works pretty good with de-skunking!
[notify]
Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Sun Oct 7, '12 9:36am PST 
This sounds goofy but I've read it from several sources...Summers Eve Douche. It's supposed to be better than even tomato juice for skunk smell etcetc. I would follow it with Buddy Wash Shampoo and a good rinse. Good luck, poor pup!!!
[notify]
Scruffy- (R.I.P.)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Sun Oct 7, '12 10:46am PST 
You've obviously never smelled fox pee before!! It's like a just step under skunk spray! laugh out loudlaugh out loud

Well, good news is, he is almost totally not stinky anymore! He's got a few spots on his face and neck that are still a little funky but I can only smell if it I stick my nose into his fur now.

Thanks for the tips everyone!!
[notify]
Lincoln

Huge heart, big- funny clown

Barked: Sun Oct 7, '12 12:49pm PST 
applause Yeah Scruffy's Mom!! You outlived his new "treat" for his family! We used to have a little dog that was always bringing in some kind of stinky goody. Loved him very much--but hated his tastes in doggie "perfume"! He was my personal calamity!! silenced
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2