GO!

Does your dog groomer let you 'back there' while your dog is being worked on...?

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your dog. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your dog's hygiene needs.

(Page 5 of 5: Viewing entries 41 to 45)  
1  2  3  4  5  
Frankie

Cheese? PLEASE!

Barked: Sun Jun 3, '12 8:01am PST 
I think many are missing the point here..
But no harm no foul..

I am not one to say such crazy specifics as one poster described..

I just want an even, basic puppy cut..

Unfortunately even when taking in pictures of what I had in mind it does not work out that way. For whatever reason, groomers do what they want. If it is because the dog is 'so bad' (which I highly doubt, although I do always worry about him being good, alhotugh every groomer we have been to says how good he is and that the worst he has ever done one time was cry a little, and that when he was a baby.) BUT..if a dog is 'so bad' I would appreciate the groomer being honest with me, as opposed to letting me think the groomer is awful..And I am sure they would rather me know the dog needs to be worked on more on behaving at the groomers by letting me know he was 'bad'..as opposed to wanting to schedule our next appointment as they hand me a dog with un-even ears or obvious lines in the body (which can be fixed and blended in). And I have to think it is their poor grooming skills. I can't imagine a conscientious groomer letting a dog leave looking like that. A good groomer would/should try to remedy the situation, if it means letting the dog chill for a bit, or letting the owner know the dog was so uncooperative that the groomer could not do a good job. Why hand over a dog that anyone can see a terrible job was done...? Does not make sense to me..And I do understand the 'why' some groomers will not let the owner back there now..

I think I need to walk away from this thread...
Many are reading way too much into things and relaying their own experiences, which is nice, but it is getting to be a little too dramatic and missing the point..

Thanks to those with the helpful answers and advice! way to go
[notify]
Rest in- Paradise- Voltaire.- 1/1

Did somebody say- deer??

Barked: Sun Jun 3, '12 11:43am PST 
uh NEVER use the words "puppy cut"!!!!

Explain in detail what you want. "puppy cut" could mean anything, it has different meaning from groomer to groomer depending on where they learned, and differs from breed to breed as well. It especially won't apply if your dog is a mixed breed!! Ugh!
[notify]
Frankie

Cheese? PLEASE!

Barked: Sun Jun 3, '12 7:41pm PST 
Yep! that is why I take pictures in and ask that half of the length be cut off..ie, he goes in with 4 inches of hair, he should leave with 2 inches of hair--sounds safe and doable enough, esp bc either way you look at it, 2 inches is staying on or coming off!) Again, I do not fret too much about the length, as long as the cut is even and does not look choppy.

Again, if a dog is to blame and is THAT much of a problem in grooming properly, I would think/ hope any sane groomer would say so!! But based on the '5-star report' and 'well behaved doggie' reports, I do not think this is the problem here..and if it is, then the groomer needs to learn to be a more qualified/skilled groomer. I know they all need experience, but do not send a dog home looking like any person could have done the same thing at home..Come to think of it, shame on me for taking him home many times like he was finished. But, as I mentioned in a previous post, the one time I did call and ask that a problem be remedied, it was totally blown off and the groomer did not want to fix it.

This thread is getting old..
it needs to be put to rest!! wink

I feel like I keep explaining myself.. and others, while some with good intentions in helping, are not reading all of what I have said after all theze pages..

At any rate, thanks again to those with the legit good advice!!! way to go
[notify]

Lupi

I\\\'ll do- anything for a- treat!

Barked: Mon Jun 4, '12 11:28am PST 
I don't need to cut Lupi's hair (thank goodness!) but I do take her to a groomers to get her nails trimmed. They're far better and quicker than I am. They do let me hold her while they trim her nails, but it's done on the front counter, not in the back.
Because of her fear of strangers, this works out the best for all concerned.
[notify]
Cider- Doughnut- Shenanigans

Barked: Sat Sep 8, '12 2:10pm PST 
I know this is an old post, but i thought I would just interject one possible reason he looks choppy. Now obviously without grooming him I cannot say for sure, but there are some dogs that I groom that just have such fine, fly away hair that I could spend my entire work day on just their haircuts and they would still look choppy. It is just their hair texture and there is nothing I can do about it. Looking at pictures of Frankie, he indeed looks ( as best as I can tell from a photo) that he may have such a hair texture. Again, may not be the case at all, but just thought I would throw that out there.
[notify]
  (Page 5 of 5: Viewing entries 41 to 45)  
1  2  3  4  5