GO!

What do you think is the best whitening shampoo/ grooming products for dogs with white fur?

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your dog. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your dog's hygiene needs.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Frankie

Cheese? PLEASE!

Barked: Fri Mar 16, '12 4:13pm PST 
I have tried about them all..some are okay, some do not seem any better than a regular shampoo...But I never ge the white-white-white look like when the dog comes fresh form the groomers...

And yes, I know they have their own little secrets...
I just would like to find a really good shampoo, or other grooming products that make the fur shiny-white...smile

Thanks!! smile
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Fri Mar 16, '12 5:43pm PST 
Frankie, no secrets. It isn't the shampoo so much as the technique. Here we mostly use either Dawn dish detergent or Pantene Classic (with built in conditioner) for coated dogs.
But...a good bath starts with a complete brush out, no shortcuts for that, followed by running a comb thru the entire coat to make sure ALL tangles are gone. Then, wet the coat with diluted shampoo to help getting it all wet. Follow by applying shampoo and work thru the coat, followed by brushing the shampooed coat with a slicker brush.
Now, rinse, rinse, and rinse again. When you think all the shampoo is out, rinse again! Towel dry, followed by finish drying with a force dryer, brushing as you go.
Your dog will be crisp white!
I am guilty of sometimes cutting corners with my pre-bath brushing and the finished product shows...they are no where near as crisp and white as those done by my bather/brusher...she is the BEST and has bathed for me for more than ten years now!
[notify]
Frankie

Cheese? PLEASE!

Barked: Fri Mar 16, '12 7:11pm PST 
Oh my!!
Dawn dish detergent...???

When I think of Dawn dish detergent, I think of that green dish liquid soap...is that what you mean...??? shock (BTW--You look sooo stinking cute in your St Pat's gear, too, Toto!! smile )

I do 'normally' do the slicker brush followed by a comb, making sure all knots are out (but I had some lax days recently, and BOY, just in that short of time, did it make a HUGE difference!! eek!!)

I do have trouble brushing him while drying him...he is still quite a squirmer for the dryer..not terrible, he tolerates it, but the minute my 'free' hand that is holding him/hand-brushing him leaves his body, in that split half-second, he tries to get away, and the times I did try brushing him while drying him, he kept trying to check out the brush...He and I really need to work on that...wink

I do rinse-rinse-rinse, and when it seems completely rinsed, rinse some more!! That is totally my saying when it comes to bathing a dog!! wink

Hmm...
Dawn dish detergent...interesting.....
The Pantene, I will have to keep an eye out for, as well...

Thanks!!! wave

Edited by author Fri Mar 16, '12 7:14pm PST

[notify]

Pooch ~ I- miss you ~

love forever

Barked: Fri Mar 16, '12 8:20pm PST 
My favorite is Les Poochs Pooch Bright shampoo, for white dogs. It always got Pooch's coat nice and bright white and feeling really nice, with no harsh ingredients. Plus it smells fantastic!
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Fri Mar 16, '12 9:12pm PST 
Frankie, are you using a force air dryer or a regular hand held hair dryer? The force dryers are usually on a stand and are not heated, just the warmth that comes off the motor.
[notify]
Frankie

Cheese? PLEASE!

Barked: Fri Mar 16, '12 9:36pm PST 
I use a hand dryer...a dog dryer but hand-held..Looks like I need to get a force dryer...was thinking about getting one anyway...

Well it is nice to have a couple options...! smile
Thank you both!! way to go smile
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Sat Mar 17, '12 6:06am PST 
We use the original blue Dawn, the one with the Wildlife sticker on the bottle. The blue is bluing, which helps to optically whiten coats.
[notify]
Frankie

Cheese? PLEASE!

Barked: Sat Mar 17, '12 11:35am PST 
Thanks, Toto..I wish I had seen your recent post before I went to Walmart...lol...laugh out loud

I did not know Dawn had so many shades, let alone how many different blue ones...I saw the wild life one, but the wild life one here said concentrated...? So the concentrated label kind of made me a bit wary...But I got (3) different kinds.....red face
(we hand-wash our dishes here, so it will get used...wink )

I may go back to get the wild life one...(it had I think penguins or birds on it..?)

I do wonder if one of the (3) that I got would work, or be too harsh...?

But looks like I will still be going back for the wild life one...
I should have known...wink red face
[notify]
Ch.- Rushwind's- She Who- Speaks

Thats Ms. Bitch- to you.

Barked: Sat Mar 17, '12 3:22pm PST 
I'm a groomer, I personally use Chris Christensen White on White on my dog Panda Man. He is a male and accidentally pees on his legs. The shampoo is purple and is the ONLY thing that gets the yellow stains out.

When using dawn or any whitening shampoo, Do your final rinse in cold water, it will close the follicle and it won't be as susceptible to soaking up dirt and she will stay cleaner longer.
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Sat Mar 17, '12 4:09pm PST 
Franki, I think the regular blue one is okay, too, but we LOVE the concentrated one. Just do not use the anti-bacterial one!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2