GO!

Boxer shedding

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your dog. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your dog's hygiene needs.

Dixie

Barked: Mon Sep 1, '08 3:59pm PST 
My boxer can't seem to quit shedding so much. I brushes her but it seems that the hair just seems to keep coming out, especially around her shoulders and neck. Is there a special brush or other options that I can use to keep her from shedding so much? She's got a baby sister that's 8 weeks old (that she loves by the way) that can't get on the floor because she sheds so much. We sweep 2 times a day but it's not enough.
[notify]
Rosie

Lick, lick, lick- I like to lick.

Barked: Mon Sep 1, '08 7:59pm PST 
Zoom Groom is the only thing gentle enough for Rosie that works. This time of year they seem to shed like mad.
[notify]
Sassy

Princess and the- Pea

Barked: Tue Sep 2, '08 12:23am PST 
I get a warm rinse once a week and get brushed several times until I am mostly dry. Since I am in southern California there is a warm enough day pretty much year round so we are rinsed outside, go for a walk and stop for brushing several times. That takes off huge amounts of hair.
[notify]

Max

Somewhere there- is something I- can eat..

Barked: Wed Sep 3, '08 1:58am PST 
We don't have to wash ours very often, but during the shedding seasons, we do bathe more frequently- a really good scrub gets a lot of the loose fur out, that way if you towel dry, they are pretty much good for a week or so.
[notify]