GO!

Food Questions

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Zoe

I'm CRAZY!

Barked: Thu Nov 27, '08 6:32am PST 
I am soon getting a swissy and wondering if any of you feed a dry diet and which that seems to work best. The breeder feeds only raw right now but is not against me switching over. I feed my 50# dog science diet, but was wondering if there is anything else you would suggest. I was looking into nutro, which actually does seem like a better food imo.

Also any advice for puppyhood, he is 8 weeks old!

Thank you so much!
[notify]
Ada

Barked: Wed Mar 11, '09 4:27am PST 
I currently have a 4 month old Swissy pup (Ada) and our breeder recommended Purina Pro-Plan Large Breed Puppy Formula. I know its a mouth full. He just has us add a little bit of water to soften it up while her teeth come in. She is growing beautifully, but it is expensive. The only other advice my breeder gave me was to only feed her the puppy formula until she was 50 lbs or a year. 50 pounds is definitely coming first, she's at 43 right now! Hope this was helpful.
[notify]