GO!

New to the pyr

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Abbey

Barked: Tue Jun 30, '09 4:32am PST 
Hi everyone! I'm new to the pyr, I just got Abbey about 2 weeks ago, she is 3 months old. I am having issues with her potty training, she will go outside and then comes in and goes again! I understand that pyrs can be stubborn, I am use to that my oldest is a 13 month old corgi, McGee, and I also have a 9 month old Lab/Newfie mix Gibbs, both males that were house trained in less than two weeks when I got them ( McGee was 8 weeks old, and Gibbs was 5 weeks old). Is this a female thing??? Also she doesnt want to walk outside, on the lead she walks does her potty time and then on the way back just lays down. I've never crated a dog before and I really dont want to start now, I normally just block them off in the living room.

Any help ideas anyting would be greatly appreciated.
[notify]
Abby

A pyr off leash- is a dyspyr

Barked: Sun Aug 16, '09 9:43am PST 
Hi there. Love your little Abbey. I lost my pyr Abby to cancer in Feb. Just be patient with her and very consistent. My Abby was totally housebroke by 5 months with no more accidents. Try leaving her out a bit longer after she first goes or when you bring her in take her right back out the door again.

Good Luck...they are totally worth the effort.

Edited by author Sun Aug 16, '09 9:43am PST

[notify]