GO!

How big are your pyrs?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Iggy- PopRocks

can we play- outside?

Barked: Thu Sep 4, '08 11:54pm PST 
I am 13 mos. and I am a 120 pounds and still filling out. So I just wanted to know how big every one else's pyrs were?
[notify]
Pippin CGC

King- Dingleberry!

Barked: Fri Sep 19, '08 9:10pm PST 
Sam is 130 & 31 & 1/2 inches at the whithers at 4 yrs. old...He needs to lose about 5 lbs as I worry about his hips, elbows & joints....Pippin is a short Pyr but built like a brick shit house...He is around 100 lbs...Sheba is also around 100 lbs & could lose 2 or 3 lbs...Dancer is around 105 & in great shape!
It is a VERY good idea to keep your Pyr on the lean side so as to not put stress on growing joints...Bigger is not necessarily better by ANY means!
wink
[notify]
Samson

What a long- strange trip- it's been...

Barked: Sun Sep 21, '08 11:02am PST 
I was just looking over Iggy's page...He does not look to be a dog with a lot of bone to him...If you can't feel his ribs under a THIN layer of fat you really need to take some weight off of him to ensure future health!
It is so bad for their joints for them to be overweight & the surgery that is so often needed is VERY pricey!frown
[notify]

Iggy- PopRocks

can we play- outside?

Barked: Sun Sep 21, '08 7:53pm PST 
i can feel his ribs and the vet said he was a little under weight but I do keep a good eye on his weight. In my work i see to many overweight dogs so i know what it can do. the vet thinks he should put on 5 more pounds.
[notify]
Pippin CGC

King- Dingleberry!

Barked: Mon Sep 22, '08 8:33pm PST 
It sounds like you know then...Good deal!way to go
I worry about the whole darn breed...lol!
(posting as Pippin...I am also Samson.)
[notify]
♥- DEOGIE- ♥

Born a dog but- turned into a- gentleman.

Barked: Thu Sep 25, '08 6:02pm PST 
Deogie is 14 months and weighs...115.

Edited by author Thu Sep 25, '08 6:03pm PST

[notify]
Max

Barked: Fri Sep 26, '08 5:31am PST 
I am 11 months old and weigh 101 lbs.
[notify]
Champ

I love to sleep

Barked: Thu Oct 9, '08 8:19pm PST 
i am nearing my 3rd birthday and I weigh 119lbs. I have to make sure that my mommy takes me for many walks so i can stay healthy. I love to sleep and eat!
[notify]
Sophie, SD

Mommy is- thankful for ME!

Barked: Thu Jan 1, '09 5:40pm PST 
Sophie is 9 months old and weighs 57.5 lbs. The vet said she is small for a Pyr, but is healthy and should be about 80 lbs full grown.
[notify]
Jack, CGC

It's hot out- here, can we go- inside?

Barked: Mon Jan 12, '09 2:24pm PST 
Jack just turned 2 and weighs about 115 -120 lbs, I think he's put on a few this winter and we haven't been to the vet recently but that's my best guess! We try to keep him on the lean side to ease his joint problems.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2