GO!

Katrina's Comin'

This is a special place for pups to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give the "Power of the Paw," and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

(Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
1  2  3  4  
Amber

DIET, WHY A- DIET!!!!!!

Barked: Fri Sep 2, '05 9:18am PST 
Great News!! Jockomo and his mom made it out, they are now in Baton Rouge. Jock's mom said that they were threated by thugs and they don't know what their going to do. They have lost everything. Thank God they are safe so far. Mom asked for them to keep us posted. I will pass on any news that we get
[notify]
Brody

The best things- come in little- packages

Barked: Fri Sep 2, '05 9:43am PST 
Thanks Amber for that update! I'm so glad that they are safe. I've been worried.

Wow - you do have a lot of animals!
[notify]
Rosie- Moondog

I Love My- Shellies

Barked: Fri Sep 2, '05 1:03pm PST 
We got mail from Jockomo too. Sure are glad they're okay!
[notify]

Jockomo

Bring it on, you- squirrely- squirrel!

Barked: Fri Sep 2, '05 5:50pm PST 
Man, I can't tell you how lucky I am to be alive and loved by so many. I tried to respond to a few of you guys and post a new diary entry, but honestly, I'm still loopy from all that has happened.

Mom tried to take care of a neighbor's dog who got loose during the storm. There were so many pets left behind. I could hear some barking from the inside of homes. At least the ones who were left outside - if they made it through the hurricane - had a chance to fend for themselves.

And some people in this world . . . the way they talked to my mom just because she was trying to protect a pup . . . makes me want to go back home and bite them in the *****!.

But then I get to hear from strangers all over the country wishing us well. Makes my heart melt.

I just want to go back home and see if I can find "Missy". I hope she made it. So many didn't.
[notify]
JIU-JAI- Popeye

I'm King of the- world!

Barked: Sat Sep 3, '05 4:16am PST 
Does anyone know if any big animal organizations are heading to the disaster area to rescue the dogs and other animals?

I wish I could go down there to rescue all the dogs that are abandon. No one seems to be speaking up for the dogs in the media since humans are first priority. Even so, dogs should not be just left to die. It's just so sad... I pray that the dogs can fend for themselves and find a way to survive long enough for help to arrive for them. It would probably be a very long time before the dogs get any help.
[notify]
Meatball{Mea- ty}- 2002-2010

Die Cancer Die- !!!!!!!

Barked: Sat Sep 3, '05 11:05am PST 
Funny you should ask .........
My Mom just found this in her email :

Dear Kat,

Our rescue teams are onsite and waiting for clearance to enter Louisiana!
Help from the American Humane Association’s Animal Emergency Services was requested by the Louisiana SPCA and the Southern Animal Foundation, and we’re awaiting FEMA clearance into Louisiana.

Once we’re cleared into the state, we’ll immediately focus on coordinating supplies and animal rescue operations. As of this morning, the list of requested animal rescues was 2,000 and growing rapidly!

The destruction is staggering. And the need is just incredible.
The damage is worse than we ever could have imagined. Our initial assessments were far too low. It now appears we’ll be onsite for much longer than we had originally estimated.

We’re asking for your ongoing support as we stage in the area for the long haul. The shocking devastation of this area will require our animal rescue teams to be there for at least a month.

American Humane’s Animal Emergency Services Program Manager reported that a worker with the New Orleans SPCA -- in just one short hour -- picked up roughly 70 homeless animals, wandering helpless in the flooded streets.

These animals need us.

Please support our work and give to the American Humane Association. Your support helps us help the animals in this disaster and throughout the year. And please stay tuned in with American Humane’s rescue and relief work for animals by visiting www.americanhumane.org/disaster.

If you’ve made a donation already, thank you. If you haven’t, please consider making a donation today.

For the animals,

Marie
[notify]
Meatball{Mea- ty}- 2002-2010

Die Cancer Die- !!!!!!!

Barked: Sat Sep 3, '05 11:07am PST 
And another :
Dear Kat,

In the past few days, we have all watched in horror and disbelief at the devastation wrought by Hurricane Katrina.
In the midst of this tragedy, all of us at The Humane Society of the United States have been heartened by the tremendous outpouring of support for our disaster relief efforts in the region. I'm proud to say that because of your support, our response to assist animals and their caregivers has been immediate.

Shortly after the hurricane slammed into the Gulf Coast, HSUS teams were on the ground determining the areas where the most critical relief was needed. Today, experienced HSUS rescue staff and volunteers are working with state officials, federal agencies, and other organizations to evacuate animals out of the hardest-hit areas. They are also establishing pet-friendly shelters and delivering supplies, resources, and medical assistance.

In LOUISIANA, we’re helping to set up an emergency facility at the Coliseum in Baton Rouge where strays will be brought, evaluated, and then transported to safety. While thousands of people are being evacuated from the New Orleans Superdome and relocated to Houston to be sheltered in the Astrodome, HSUS volunteers are helping transport animals from evacuees arriving at the Astrodome and ferrying them to the temporary shelter, which will be fully operational today.

In MISSISSIPPI, seven HSUS disaster field teams left to conduct damage and needs assessments and to provide help as they find needs from Jackson south to the Hattiesburg area. The HSUS team includes about 35 trained responders and 8-10 vehicles (plus trailers and RVs), including the HSUS Disaster Response Unit. Team capabilities include companion animals, horses, farm animals, and wildlife. The team leaders are pushing very hard to get help to Gulfport, Mississippi, but at this time Route 49 is open only to state-authorized emergency vehicles.

We will continue to keep you updated on our efforts and we expect to be granted more access to the hard hit areas over the weekend. So many pets are trapped and alone, and we are determined to find and rescue them. And we plan on being there as long as it takes.

Again, I want to personally thank you for your generosity at this time. Quite simply, we would not be able to provide the relief needed for stranded and injured animals in a crisis of this magnitude without your help.

Sincerely,

Laura Bevan
Incident Commander
HSUS National Disaster Animal Response Team
Jackson, Mississippi
[notify]
Amber

DIET, WHY A- DIET!!!!!!

Barked: Sat Sep 3, '05 12:00pm PST 
I have gotten an e-mail from the Human Society also, it's nice to know that they are acknowleding our help. They truly are friends of anmials, as are the other groups. God bless them for all the help they are giving our furry friends. If it is in your budget please try to contribute more to these rescuers.
Lick and Hugs
Amber
[notify]
Belle

Cutie Patootie

Barked: Sat Sep 3, '05 5:04pm PST 
EVERYONE PLEASE!!! Read the post "Are their rabbit's in Heaven" A family lost a Dogster member "Honey" My Mommie is still crying. We set up another post to please read "rabbits" We are lighting a candle in memory of Honey tonight. Please all Dogster's join us!
IzzyBee
[notify]
Amber

DIET, WHY A- DIET!!!!!!

Barked: Sun Sep 4, '05 12:37pm PST 
I just wanted to let all dogsters moms and dads know that there is a organization that will place hurricane victums in your homes. The website is www. katrinahousing.org. Mom and Dad have put their appication in so they can host a family. Mom and Dad are active in all charaties, so if you can host a family, the Lord will bless you 10 fold. They even ask if you are willing to take pets. All American's need to do their share!!! I cannot imagine being homeless without anything. Please continue your efforts to support the charaties that aid these people and their pets.

Licks and Hugs
Amber's Mom and Dad
[notify]
  (Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
1  2  3  4