GO!

Anybody else feel guilty?

This is a special place for pups to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give the "Power of the Paw," and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 17)  
1  2  
Natcho

LabraDORK

Barked: Fri Jun 4, '10 8:51pm PST 
That's a reason why my father doesn't want Natcho spayed. It's risky, and now that she's getting older, it's getting even MORE risky than before.
[notify]
Alexa

Sheltie Shock

Barked: Sat Jun 5, '10 10:43am PST 
laugh out loud Spaying isn't risky! Its riskier for an older dog to get pregnant!!!! eek
[notify]
Brittany

Hello. Allow me- to introduce- myself...

Barked: Sat Jun 5, '10 12:53pm PST 
It is risky when you put any animal under anthestsia. Or human for that matter.

Brittany was probably spayed when she was about two years. I was 12 and couldn't stand seeing Brittany all drugged up and sad looking (and I felt guilty) so I made her a little room in this plastic container that was full of blankets and pillows so she could hang outside with me.

Edited by author Sat Jun 5, '10 12:57pm PST

[notify]

Huntington

drawing dog- dweeb

Barked: Sun Jun 6, '10 6:25am PST 
When we got Drake fixed, we couldn't get him to wake up... I was terrified, Drake was my best friend, and he was only 4 frown I was sobbing, afraid he was leaving us. He slept in the Vet's overnight, and didn't wake up until the next morning.. I'm always a little paranoid about getting a dog fixed now, frown
[notify]
Tyson Savage- CGC

Let's do big dog- stuff!

Barked: Sun Jun 6, '10 7:29am PST 
Any surgery IS risky, speutering is NOT healthier for your animal**, and yes, I know that feeling of guilt when a post-operation dog is so sad and traumatized. Nobody likes seeing their baby like that! Hugs hugs and don't fret, she'll be herself again smile

**don't want to pirate this thread into a spay/neuter debate, but I do want to point out: obviously speutering a dog reduces the risk of testicular/ovarian cancer, however, dogs RARELY die from this, RARELY develop it, and it is easily "fixable." There is much more risk health-wise in organ removal/modification.
[notify]
Lily

Whose bed?? Why- would YOU think- that?

Barked: Wed Jun 9, '10 7:23am PST 
Natcho, five isn't old. Lily would not be happy to hear you say that. We don't need another spay/neuter debate, but I have to come down on the side of get it done!
[notify]
(retired)min- ister misty

be calm, dont- worry!

Barked: Mon Jun 21, '10 11:24am PST 
it's totally normal for a dog to feel bad.
especially the first two or three days.
they are very out of it the first day from the anesthesia...
and ofcourse after that they are sore.
just give her a lot of tlc.
watch her tempurture doesn't rise and watch the stitches.
i have owned four dogs(now still have two)
and ofcourse i always felt sad and bad after vet visit's that were for operations or accidents,i never really felt guilty because it is for the best.
if it results into a healthy pet,i do everything.
please don't feel guilty,you did a great thing and you love her very muchway to go
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 17)  
1  2