GO!

Help me save my Ruben

This is a special place for pups to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give the "Power of the Paw," and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

Ruben

Mommy's- Fur-Angel

Barked: Thu Apr 9, '09 10:42am PST 
Hi everyone. I just posted this on the Health board, but I am hoping I can get even more feedback by posting on this one as well. I am new to this board, but I am hoping someone on here can help me. My husband and I just got the devastating news that our baby has gastric lymphoma. I am writing this through tears, as I haven't stopped crying in weeks (since all the testing started). We have been told that this is pretty rare in dogs (much more common in cats) so I'm just trying to see if anyone can recommend a book or website where I can get additional information on prognosis and treatment. We have an appointment with an oncologist at UPenn next Tuesday, but we are so torn about what to do. The last we want is for Ruben to suffer, but we also want to keep him around as long as we can. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Does anyone here have experience treating lymphoma with chemo and/or homeopathic remedies? Do you recommend doing the whole chemo thing or was it a negative experience for you and/or your furbaby. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
[notify]
Moxie - my precious- angel - 1

I'll do it! Let- me!

Barked: Thu Apr 9, '09 7:42pm PST 
I don't have any advice for you, but I wish you the best of luck and I'm so sorry to hear that Ruben has cancer. I will keep you and Ruben in my thoughts and prayers and hope things work out. hug
[notify]
Scooter,- PAWS

Power of the Paw- for those who- need it

Barked: Fri Apr 10, '09 5:49am PST 
Ruben, I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis...I have pmailed a couple of friends who had lymphoma and I'm hoping they are able to contact you or post here with some feedback.

I am glad you came to dogster. Dogster is a very caring and supportive community. Please know my family is thinking and praying for you.

hughughughughughughughughughug
[notify]

Rosalita Lola "Rosie"

Love is never- being told you'- naughty!

Barked: Fri Apr 10, '09 7:08am PST 
Sending you lots of love and prayers Ruben hug
[notify]
Elvis

my sweetie

Barked: Fri Apr 10, '09 6:11pm PST 
prayers for you
[notify]
Dunkin

Mama's big boy/- Mama's baby boy/-

Barked: Fri Apr 10, '09 6:25pm PST 
good luck Ruben, our prayers are out to you hughug
[notify]
Thalia Rose

I'm- Home at- last!

Barked: Sat Apr 11, '09 5:52pm PST 
Did you post your question on Ask the Vet on the main page?
[notify]
☆Edie,- NPC☆

Play- nice!!

Barked: Sun Apr 12, '09 5:53pm PST 
hughugRuben and furmilyhughug
[notify]
Charley "R.I.P My Boy"

I'm a Lover, not- a fighter

Barked: Mon Apr 13, '09 11:27am PST 
My mom wants nothing more then to see you get well. Her thoughts and prayers are with Ruben and his familyhughug
[notify]
Sisters 3

Born to be- SPOILED!

Barked: Sat Apr 18, '09 8:18pm PST 
We know nothing about this, but wanted to say we are very sorry. We hope that everything goes real good for you. In the case that you are too sick, I hope you give your family the right signs to let them know. Taking care of a sick dog is heart-wrenching, and we pray for you and your family's strength.
[notify]