GO!

I may have to let Molly go

This is a special place for pups to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give the "Power of the Paw," and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Molly

Not going- anywhere for- awhile!

Barked: Thu Nov 13, '08 2:34pm PST 
My Mom just called me. Molly is headed to the vet again. For the past two years, we've had a fight with all kinds of issues with Molly including arthritis, hip problems and allergies.

We knew the past few weeks have been very hard on her. The medicine and supplements aren't working, and the vet is having a hard time helping her. She's in so much pain right now. She can't move much without any kind of help. She'll whine or yelp and then "apologize" to us.

The vet warned my Mom that it might be time to let Molly go. Her pain won't go away, and she's [the vet] afraid that the suffering is just going to get worse.

Molly is our family dog. She lives with my Mom just a couple of hours away but, she's always been "ours". Molly has been my friend since I was a young teenager. She's kept me company so many times, and when I'm at my Mom's she still sleeps at the foot of my bed. We've always had a special bond.

My Mom's heart is just broken right now. She doesn't want to let her "baby" go. My brother feels the same way. I do too. We're doing everything we can to keep Molly going, and keep her pain and suffering free. But, the vet is concerned that it might be time to let Molly stop pain and suffering all together.

I am so heart broken right now. Molly's brother Mungo had to be let go a few years ago. He had a bad cancer and after a ton of treatment, his poor body finally gave up. Letting Mungo go was so hard for all of us. Just the thought that I may have to let "my special girl" go is so hard.
[notify]
~Angel (RIP- 11/20/07)~

Busy sprinkling- angel dust all- day

Barked: Thu Nov 13, '08 3:27pm PST 
I know it is hard. But she will hang on for a while if you don't do anything...and that is worse. I was this way for the dog I had growing up. She was very old and had cancer. And she suffered much longer than she should have.

I'm not saying what you should do, only your family can decide, but please just think of her quality of life.

hughughughughughughughug
[notify]
Molly

Barked: Thu Nov 13, '08 3:36pm PST 
The last thing we want is for Molly to hurt. We're hoping and praying we can get anything to make her better but, that just may not happen. Mom updated me just about an hour ago. we didn't have to let her go today. We've got one last attempt before it's time to let her go. I think I'm going to have to try and run down to see her again.

Mom told the vet that we don't want her to suffer. They agreed that is the best choice. Saturday afternoon she'll be seeing the vet again. We all agreed if she's worse before then, that Mom will take her. We also agreed if on Saturday, if the vet says it's time we're going to let her go.

I've been crying on and off since I heard the news. It's going to be a long few days until Saturday. I know that I might have to let her go. I don't want her to hurt anymore. It's still so hard. Molly is part of our family...this isn't going to be easy.
[notify]

~Angel (RIP- 11/20/07)~

Barked: Thu Nov 13, '08 7:13pm PST 
hughughughughughughughug

We will pray for the best for Molly and your family.
[notify]
Molly

Barked: Thu Nov 13, '08 9:41pm PST 
Unless the vet (or a vet in the area) can figure something out to help her, there's nothing else we can do for Molly. Mom said things are going downhill fast. It looks like Molly might be giving up.

We're not going to make her hang on if she's ready to go. I think it might be time to tell Molly good-bye unless something changes drastically. My poor Molly girl. She's been such a good friend. Man, my heart is breaking right now.
[notify]
~Angel (RIP- 11/20/07)~

Barked: Fri Nov 14, '08 6:27am PST 
hughug Molly hughug
[notify]
Rosalita Lola "Rosie"

Love is never- being told you'- naughty!

Barked: Fri Nov 14, '08 8:23am PST 
Dear Molly, think if of you and your family at this difficult timehug
[notify]
Ruby

Beauty and- Brains

Barked: Fri Nov 14, '08 6:30pm PST 
Oh Molly,

That is such sad news. But no one wants Molly to suffer. Only you know when the time is right. Sounds like Molly has been a wonderful dog and special part of your family. Our hearts go out to you.
Hugs hughughughug

Take care everyone,
Ruf, dog Ruby
[notify]
Autumn

Barked: Fri Nov 14, '08 8:57pm PST 
hug
[notify]
Kodiak- forever our- Angel

He's a little- man with big- ideas

Barked: Sat Nov 15, '08 9:57am PST 
Our hearts go out to you and your family. This is such a
difficult decision for anyone to make. We hope the vet finds something to improve her quality of life and ease her pain.
Please know you are in our prayers.
Special blessings being sent your way.
hug Mollyhug
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3