GO!

Please keep Doc in your thoughts!

This is a special place for pups to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give the "Power of the Paw," and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

Oliver

Sir Gruntsalot

Barked: Wed Nov 12, '08 6:02am PST 
My little yorkie brother Doc was a bad boy yesterday. He ate 2 interceptor pills meant for really large dogs. These were in my mommy's old room. Doc jumped the baby gate, jumped onto the bed, then onto the desk, and then grabbed the box and brought it out of the room. Mommy found the pills missing when she got home and then found the wrappers of two of them. There were still two in the box and two had been given to the doggies that were supposed to take them. He went to the vets last night because he was shaking, drooling uncontrollably, and wasn't himself. The vet gave him some subq fluids and some medicine for his belly. Mommy brought him home after that.

He still isn't better and is doing a little worse. He cries whenever anyone touches him, he still is shaking, and he is not able to take more than a few steps. The vet called the interceptor company to find out what should be done now. I am very worried because we are best of buds! When I stayed at my mommy's apartment and left Doc at home he searched for me in the morning and was sad. Now I'm worried about him!

Please keep Doc in your thoughts! He is only 7 months old. Mommy was training him to be a therapy dog to visit nursing homes when he gets older.
[notify]
Bonito

born to please

Barked: Wed Nov 12, '08 6:10am PST 
We will keep Doc in our prayers. God will bring him through.....
Bonito and Momhughughughug
[notify]
Oliver

Sir Gruntsalot

Barked: Wed Nov 12, '08 6:29am PST 
Thank you so much! I am still anxiously waiting for my cell phone to ring to know what's going on. I am just so worried about him!

He has been a terror since day one. He tries to swallow mice whole, he grabs things then runs down the hall with them only to bring them back to you, he pooped himself out the first few days we had him. He played so much with the other dogs that he had no energy!

What did I expect he is a Yorkshire TERRIER!
[notify]

Oliver

Sir Gruntsalot

Barked: Wed Nov 12, '08 6:46am PST 
The vet called. We need to get 8 fl oz in him by 3. It is just about 10 right now. He said if we can't get that in him by 3 or if we do and he's still not acting right we have to bring him in for another subq. He is out in redwood today which is at least 30 minutes from our house. However if we have an emergency he works with another local vet clinic.
[notify]
Ruby

Beauty and- Brains

Barked: Wed Nov 12, '08 7:37am PST 
Tell Doc it is time to get better. We are all keeping our paws crossed.

way to go

What is an Interceptor pill? It sounds scary!

Ruf, dog Ruby
[notify]
Oliver

Sir Gruntsalot

Barked: Wed Nov 12, '08 9:54am PST 
Interceptor is another type of heartworm pill. He has only taken in 2 fl oz and it's almost 1 here. Looks like I have to take a trip to Redwood today... Good thing my mom is driving because I am super tired...
[notify]
~Sophie~

I also answer to- 'Pretty Girl'

Barked: Wed Nov 12, '08 1:24pm PST 
hug We sure hope Doc is better soon! wishes
[notify]
Oliver

Sir Gruntsalot

Barked: Wed Nov 12, '08 4:01pm PST 
Great news! Doc is back to being himself! He barked at us when we came home and is walking around. He didn't end up having to go to the vet. He is still sore and I felt so bad when I went to pick him up and he cried. Thanks for all your well wishes!
[notify]
Autumn

Barked: Wed Nov 12, '08 4:13pm PST 
happy dance
[notify]
Bubba

I LOVE- everyone!!!!!

Barked: Sun Nov 16, '08 11:15am PST 
Oh that is such great news!!!! blue dog snoopysnoopy blue dog
We were so very worried about him!
Now you better tell Doc he better be a good doggie and stop getting into
things. (Yeah, sure LOL)
I guess you have to hide things in a safe with a lock and key-LOL!!!!

hamster dancehamster dance
[notify]