GO!

Andi Has Heartworm and Needs Help!!!

This is a special place for pups to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give the "Power of the Paw," and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

Rosie- Moondog

I Love My- Shellies

Barked: Wed Jun 15, '05 9:40pm PST 
Our mommy rescued a dog last week. Now she's at the Wake County SPCA here in NC. They've named her Andi. She's very sweet and gentle, but has heartworm. She needs pur prayers, but also needs our help. The SPCA is able to put up $250, but the treatment costs more. We emailed them to find out the balance. If you can help, and/or give her a forever home, please contact the SPCA at adoptstaff@spcawake.org or call (919) 772-2326. Ask for ID#A034221. To see her sweetness go to http://www.spcawake.org/pet_search.html

She's had a rough go, but is a really great dog. We'd love to have her, but we're probably too much for her, and three dogs and two cats would just be more than we could handle I think. She deserves a shot at a good life. Please help if you can.
[notify]
Xena *Warrior Princess*

The Lone Wolf.

Barked: Thu Jun 23, '05 4:26am PST 
Rosie, i hope they find a home an' someone tae help!!!! I really do, just wanted tae let ye know i'll be finking of yer wee friend!!!!!
[notify]

Other posts by this user

Barked: Thu Jun 23, '05 7:42am PST 
I hope Andi can get treated and adopted into a great home. Jake was heartworm positive when animal control picked him up on the street. He was to be euthanized, but a wonderful rescue group grabbed him, treated him and put him up for adoption. We adopted him and we shudder to think that this fantastic little guy could have been put to sleep. I hope and pray that Andi gets his treatment , he sounds like a really nice dog.

Jake & J
[notify]

Rosie- Moondog

I Love My- Shellies

Barked: Fri Jun 24, '05 11:52pm PST 
Dad called the SPCA. She's getting a monthly worm shot of stuff to kill the baby worms. They said that the infection is not advanced and not life threatening at this stage. They are going to do their best to get her a home and the treatment. They said they placed about 20 heartworm positive dogs in the past 6 mos. Mom and Dad are going to contribute to her treatment fund for when she finds parents. They don't like to do the treatment while the dogs are there because they need a quiet secure atmosphere to recouperate, and the shelter is not the best place for that. We thought maybe our vet could treat her and go back to the shelter, but they feel that would be too stressful. If her life was in danger they would treat her at a facility they are affilitated with, but they feel this is not the case. So we're just keeping our fingers crossed. In the meantime we're looking into a rescue that might be able to get her out, get her treated, and recover in a foster home or something.
[notify]
Cosmic- Isabel- Roverandom

To Infinity and- Beyond!

Barked: Sat Jun 25, '05 8:11pm PST 
We've contacted a local rescue group and have told them about Andi. We're hoping they can rescue her and place her in a foster home so she can get treated for her heartworm while she waits for her forever home. We'll update when we hear something.
[notify]
Rosie- Moondog

I Love My- Shellies

Barked: Fri Jul 15, '05 3:41pm PST 
Great news...ANDI GOT ADOPTED!!! We saw her picture was taken off the website so we emailed to find out what happened. She's gonna get treated for her heartworm, and will hopefully live happy ever after.
[notify]
Lucy

Beautiful- Bassador!

Barked: Fri Jul 15, '05 5:34pm PST 
I'm so happy to her she has a forever home. I will continue to pray for her to get over the Heartworm.
[notify]